1 day to go

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1 day to go

Not long now folks until the referendum. I'm surprised that no-one in here is talking about it. I have been watching everything on facebook and the atmosphere is infectious. I will be very surprised if the result is a negative because almost everyone I know in Scotland is voting yes. I only know of 3 people voting no. (relatives). Some of the posts in facebook brought a lump to my throat. Made me feel like moving back.

Elda

Re: 1 day to go

One more for you to count Elda - you know which way I shall be voting. No matter the result there will be divisions now that will take years to clear... And I am not negative
    Sandy

Comment

Sandy, your bags are packed and tickets bought then?..
      I don't have much to say on the matter, I haven't lived there for over 50 years, but from a nationalistic view i hope the yes vote gets up. However, I'm still not sure how Scotland will fare from an economic perspective, and above all that should be the most important thing. I think Scots living in Scotland should make that decision.
      Elda, I have thought for years I would like to live in Scotland for a year, just to experience the seasons, and see just what I have missed out on for all these years, but I think Oz is the place for me.
      Euan..

Comment

Euan, much of what you said was also said when Australia became independent in 1901.

Elda

Comment

Originally posted by Glesgalass View Post
          Euan, much of what you said was also said when Australia became independent in 1901.

Elda
          1901 Gee Elda, you do not show your age, must be that guid Scots blood. :cool::tongue::redrose:

Gordon.

Comment

Hehehe...
            Euan..

Comment

Just back from posting my 2 votes...

I spoiled the first one so they gave me another one.

So 2 - 0 for the good guys~~
              Sandy

Comment

Originally posted by 1938 Observer View Post
                1901 Gee Elda, you do not show your age, must be that guid Scots blood. :cool::tongue::redrose:

Gordon.
                Haha. I've actually got this book which has excerpts from newspapers from 1868 onwards. It's called "Australia Through Time" and it's very interesting.

Elda

Comment

Breaking news on the TV just announced that the NO vote has won. Seems like most of the bigger cities voted Yes. Glasgow and surrounds polled a massive yes vote.

Elda

Comment

Working...
                  X