Enigma Machine #82

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Enigma Machine #82

There are some tricky ones here so I don't think there will be 100% this week.

http://www.electriccanadian.com/life...igma/EM~82.gif

Good luck with these.

Cheers,

Hugh

Re: Enigma Machine #82

Hi Hugh, I'll have a shot..... #3 "Second hand books" #4 "wind up and down" #5 "Half baked" #12 "A Long distance"...

I may try others later... lol

Ranald
    Last edited by Ranald; 28 September 2014, 11:54. Reason: spelling !

Comment

Good start Ranald you are right on all 4, noting that your #12 is actually the answer for #11.

Cheers,

Hugh

Comment

Hi Hugh, sorry about the error, brain and eyes don't seem to collaborate..... sometimes old age is no longer fun !!

Ranald

Comment

HI, all... Just got this now, have a few answers. #1 is "half a dozen", #4 is "downwind", #7 is "falling water",or "water fall", #10 is "10 PM in this zone", & #12 is "shadow of a smile", #8 is "boxing". Hope, fingers crossed!!

Joan
          Last edited by FriedaKateM; 28 September 2014, 15:14. Reason: addendum

Comment

Joan you only got #7 & #12 but keep working on it.

Cheers,

Hugh

Comment

Hi Hugh and others, here are a few suggestions: #6 "Steatopygia", #8 (there's that box again) "snout", #9 "Shindig" and #10 could be simply "Time-zone". Still mulling over #1 and #2. - Cheers all, John.

Comment

Great suggestions John and accurate too, they are the same as Doug's answers. I never thought anyone would get #6. That leaves #1 & #2.

Cheers,

Hugh
                Last edited by Hugh; 29 September 2014, 09:37.

Comment

Hey, all...I have another one, #4 is "wind up, wind down". John got in before I got any others! Ha! Joan

PS: Noted on an earlier post per Ranald, that it was the same. Sorry, did NOT see this previously!
                  Last edited by FriedaKateM; 29 September 2014, 13:20.

Comment

That's OK Joan, glad you are still trying.

Cheers,

Hugh

Comment

In #2 that is not an 'l' it is a bar (I think). I think it is very difficult to solve and I might have drawn it differently. The first one is very simple so don't look for something difficult.

Cheers,

Hugh

Comment

HI, Hugh etal...I just got home from a day out with my daughter looking at different areas where I "might" move eventually. All depends on IF my house does sell. However, I think #1 is "six of one & half a dozen of the other".

Thanks,
                        Joan

Comment

Good answer Joan but it's not the one that Doug gave me. Keep at it and you will get it. What are those things anyway?

Cheers,

Hugh

Comment

Hugh, & all...This is absolutely my last try!!! #1 is "little ones".

Tks, Joan

Comment

Yes Joan like I said the answer was simple and you got it! Just #2 left and I don't think anyone can get with the clue given.

Cheers,

Hugh

Comment

Working...
                              X