The Naughty Nuns of Northampton,

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Naughty Nuns of Northampton,

Time Team S15-E07 The Naughty Nuns of Northampton, Towcester, Northamptonshire .

When eight-year-old Amy Coleclough buried her cat 'Paintpot' in her garden, she uncovered a massive stone wall. Time Team is called in to investigate.

Sources suggest that a 12th-century nunnery had once stood in the vicinity, but its exact location had remained a mystery for centuri

Just for something different I thought I would post a couple of "Time Team" videos.

They run for about 48 minutes and are best viewed 'full screen'

Re: The Naughty Nuns of Northampton,

Time Team S18-E04 Hitler's Island Fortress (Les Gellettes, Jersey) .

This is an interesting one I watched this afternoon.............................

Tony Robinson doesn't usually get to decide where the Team should dig, but in this episode he chooses his first ever site for investigation: a German anti-aircraft battery built during the Nazis' five-year occupation of Jersey.

The archaeologists have never investigated anything like this before and must apply all their skills to make sense of a site now reclaimed by a forest. It's soon clear that the gun emplacements are part of a much bigger, complex fortified settlement that was home to hundreds of German soldiers equipped with a vast array of weapons.

And, unlike with older sites, the Team can talk to people who witnessed life under the occupation at first hand.

What emerges is the shocking story of a fortress island where German installations were built by slave labour and the local population began to starve as the war continued. Of terrible conditions that seem more fitting to the eras the Team usually investigate, rather than just 70 years ago.

Over three days Time Team uncover a fascinating and frequently horrifying glimpse of life during war.

Comment

Just to change the theme I shall place 2 in about Scotland.:cool::cool::cool:

Time Team descend on the Isle of Mull at the invitation of two local amateur archaeologists to investigate a mysterious set of earthworks in a forest near Tobermory. Could they be the remains of a chapel from the time of St Columba?

Time Team S17-E02 Mull .

Comment

Time Team S15-E05 Bodies in the Dunes, Outer Hebrides .

In 2005, a major storm eroded a dune next to the beach at Allasdale, Barra, exposing human remains.

They were first noticed by Barra artist Moira Bard and identified as human by a local doctor, after which a team of archaeologists was called in.

The site was clearly at risk from further erosion, so Historic Scotland funded an urgent rescue dig.

Comment

Hi Gordon, videos not available to view in the UK, which seems strange.....

I used to watch the Time Team series, and do not recall these ones.

Ranald

Comment

Enjoyed these videos. I was able to view them here in Canada.

I have a wee collection of these videos on the web site at http://www.electricscotland.com/history/timeteam.htm

Alastair

Comment

Originally posted by Ranald View Post
              Hi Gordon, videos not available to view in the UK, which seems strange.....

I used to watch the Time Team series, and do not recall these ones.

Ranald
              Ranald,
              Try this link for all the videos

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list...IKyCEuRxG5nJj6

It may work for you.

Comment

Hi Gordon, Just the same 'Not available in your country'...... Ahb me....

Thanks for the effort.

Ranald

Comment

Working...
                X