Travelling by car in Canada

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Travelling by car in Canada

You'll know Canada is a large country. I spotted 2 interesting video showing you a car journey of considerable length so not sure if you want to watch them but here they are...

Driving Calgary to Banff to Lake Louise to Columbia Icefield Glacier to Jasper (4 hours 11 minutes)
    Alastair

Re: Travelling by car in Canada

Calgary to Kelowna (Winter Driving Conditions) (3 hours 28 minutes)

Alastair

Comment

Easter last year I drove, in winter conditions, from Souris Manitoba (1 hour from the Saskatchewan border) to Edmonton Alberta via Regina and Saskatoon. it took 14 hours. We took 2 days on the way back because the Trans Canada was being with major snow storms so we stayed overnight in Saskatoon.
      I February this year my daughter and her family drove 2 vehicles from Souris to Niagara Falls Ontario. Took them 2.5 days.

Sandy

Comment

I've done this bit, actually from Calgary to Vancouver. Great scenery!

Cheers,

Hugh

Comment

To think I used to moan about driving from my home in Grangemouth down to Lancashire for my monthly meetings! Mind you we once had a meeting in Plymouth (south cost of England) and it took 7.5 hours to get home from there.

Alastair

Comment

I just drove to and from the Doncaster area of Yorkshire last weekend. |Took me about 5 hours each way (with water breaks) but was 'no fun' with all the road works. In the 70's I used to drive back and forth from Liverpool to Glasgow every weekend. I thought it was buy then, but now it is a nightmare.
            Sandy

Comment

You sure seem to be doing a lot of travelling around these days Sandy... so any stories to tell?

Alastair

Comment

Hi Al,
                I've got to get some pics sent to you from the West Coat trip we took at the Sept weekend. There are too many to post directly.
                Actually the Doncaster trip was work related and I did not get too see too much of the area.
                Sandy

Comment

I used to enjoy driving but not anymore. Must be getting old because I find that my night vision isn't what it used to be. I'm OK in places with street lights but I wont drive on the motorways/freeways after dark.

Elda

Comment

I only got to the west coast when going through Glencoe to the Isle of Skye. This is when I was taking all the pictures before leaving for Canada.

Alastair

Comment

Originally posted by Glesgalass View Post
                      I used to enjoy driving but not anymore. Must be getting old because I find that my night vision isn't what it used to be. I'm OK in places with street lights but I wont drive on the motorways/freeways after dark.

Elda
                      Hi Elda,
                      apparently that is quite a common problem for 'older' people. I don't seem to be bothered by it~~
                      Sandy

Comment

Working...
                      X