Alastair

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alastair

Alastair, did you tell me that Kia has a 7 year warranty in Canada? I ask because they have just started advertising here that all new cars will have a 7 year warranty. Until now it's been 5 years. I'm sure you said it was 7 years in Canada.

Elda

Re: Alastair

Actually the one I purchased had 4 years and it was 4 years old when I purchased it but they added another 4 years to it within the price but not from Kia.. it was a third party company that supplied that.

I'm not doing that many miles these days so figure this one will last me fingers crossed.

Alastair

Comment

Aaahhh! I misunderstood then. Thanks.

Elda

Comment

KIA has a 7 year warranty in the UK

Comment

Aye, and i bet you pay for the extra warranty in the price of the car. In my experience, third party warranties arn't worth the paper their written on, especially on used cars. The last one i had, had too many restrictions, firstly i needed to get the car serviced every 5000 klms instead of the usual 10000. Then they only wanted to pay a percentage on any repairs. And miss a service the warranty was void, and you did your money. It pays to read the fine print on them..
          Euan..

Comment

That's interesting... now where is that contract so I can check it.

Alastair

Comment

I haven't found that Euan but maybe it's the dealer here......they have a very good reputation. When my last Hyundai was getting near the end of warranty, they did an end of warranty check and fixed everything free.......listed everything they did.

Elda

Comment

Elda, dealer warranties on new cars are generally ok. However warranties on used cars are generally covered by 3rd party warranties, and should be checked carefully, at least that's the way it is here. I have yet to find a dealer happy enough to check a car over just before the warranty expires and fix what needs fixing. They usually try and weasel out of it!
                Last edited by Euan; 16 October 2014, 07:05.
                Euan..

Comment

I guess it must be the dealer here. They have been operating for over 70 years by the same family and if you want to book your car in for a service it's usually a 7/10 day wait. They must be doing something right. The old man must be 80 and he still comes in every day.

Elda

Comment

Al,have a read of this. Actually everyone should read it if they are buying a used car.
                    http://autoexpert.com.au/buying-a-ca...ended-warranty
                    Euan..

Comment

It was new car warranty I was talking about Euan. The dealer here adds on his own warranty free of charge. I wouldn't BUY an extended warranty on a used car or any appliance for that matter.

Elda

Comment

Yes, I got a 7 yr extended dealer warranty on the Captiva we bought a few months ago. Its not supplied by a 3rd party,I did have a 3rd party warranty on a previous car,and I won't be caught again!
                        Euan..

Comment

Well Elda,I got a free set of mudflaps when I bought the Captiva....couldn't believe my luck!...I think you will find the "free" extended warranty would be built into the price of the new car, if you take it well and good, if you dont ,( and why wouldn't you) well you just paid for something you didn't get.
                          Euan..

Comment

Working...
                          X