Black Pudding

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Black Pudding

I noticed that MacSween has done a video about how Black Pudding is made...

Alastair

Re: Black Pudding

I don't know if I really want to know that :-)

Elda

Comment

My Mother and Father used to eat this stuff during the war, as it was one of the few types of meat that wasn't rationed and was often all they could get. My Father acquired a taste for it, so Mum used to buy it for him at the butchers after they arrived here. Unfortunately, Dad made the mistake of telling me exactly how it was made and what it was made of - after that I would go to bed hungry rather than eat it (and have never eaten it since!)

Comment

I think i could do without it as well, even if i was hungry. Mind you, i once saw how they made cheese, and thought i would never eat that again. As it happens, i enjoy eating all cheese types.
        Euan..

Comment

Very little beats a Black Pudding and chips...

Or
          a white pudding. Actually starting to see these in our local supermarket. Have not seen them for years.

Sandy

Comment

I love the black pudding you get in Scotland but the one you get in Australia is crappy, lumps of fat in it. The Scottish one is much finer ground or something. Tastes better anyway :smile:

Elda

Comment

I just received a tin of black pudding from Grants Foods so looking forward to trying it.

Alastair

Comment

Was in Glasgow yesterday to meet up with a few friends. On the way home got myself a 'single pudding' from the chip shop. it was great

Sandy

Comment

I never try the black pudding, but after reading your views about this pudding I think I should try it once. What will you say guys, will it be as delicious as it seems to me after reading the Elda's post.
                  Sandy! Do you like to share your recipes of single pudding?
                  Get more info on popular streets of the world.

Comment

I found two recipes on YouTube on how you can make black pudding at home and also one where you can make white pudding so here they are...

Black Pudding
                    Black pudding is not a pudding but a sausage made from pigs' blood, onions, herbs, spices, oatmeal or barley. When made well the flavour will be mild and slightly sweet despite the spices; it is the combination of all the ingredients including the blood which together create the unique flavour.

How To Make Black Pudding.Blood Sausage.
                    Black Pudding, showing how to make a classic, English, Black pudding, showing the whole process from start to finish.

Alastair

Comment

and here is the White Pudding recipe...

Alastair

Comment

Working...
                      X