The Heart of Scotland

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Heart of Scotland

Some years ago now I found the book "Bonnie Scotland" Painted by Sutton Palmer and Described by A R Hope Moncrieff (1904). I thought the colour paintings were excellent and I really enjoyed reading the descriptions that went with them. Later I found another book "The Highlands and Islands of Scotland" this time painted by W Smith Junior but still described by A R Hope Moncrieff in the same type of format so added that book to the page as well.

And now I have come across "The Heart of Scotland" Painted by Sutton Palmer and described by A. R. Hope Moncrieff and so now added this book as well.

You can get to this page at http://www.electricscotland.com/art/bonnie/

Alastair

Re: The Heart of Scotland

Alastair, I also have a copy of "Bonnie Scotland" (although mine is the 1912 reprint.) It is among the old books left to me by my father. It's a great book just to pick up and browse through and enjoy the beautifully executed watercolours by Sutton Palmer.
    P.S. I don't know if any of the other old books Dad left me would be of interest to you for uploading to the E.S. website. If you would like to see a list of them let me know and I'll post it here somewhere for you to look at.
    - John.

Comment

Happy to see the list John. In fact I got a list of books from someone else recently and found a real cracker from it which I hope to get up at some point.

Alastair

Comment

Alistair, I am now doing a search in the E.S. "books" section to eliminate the ones in my collection which you already have uploaded. When I've finished I'll post a list of what's left - I suppose the "Ask the Seneschal" forum would be the appropriate place, so look for it there very soon.
        - John.

Comment

John, I agree with your comments regarding the paintings by Sutton Palmer. They are so good when including the silver birch trees.

Ranald

Comment

Working...
          X