Posting photos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Posting photos

How do I add new pictures to my album? I don't usually have problems following instructions but I can't find any. The only selections I can see is "Add new album".

Elda

Re: Posting photos

Hi Elda, I was able to see a previous photo your put up showing a young child, fully dressed, and fast asleep.

This photo did not show in 'Photos', but after viewing it in your Album, it now is the only one shown in 'Photos'.

However looking at the photos from Euan, none came up.....

I think there is a real problem with the 'Photos' and the 'Photo Album' since the upgrade. Not sure if it can be restored, or a new version of the program might have to be installed.

Help..............ALASTAIR........ STEVE.......... help....

Ranald
    Last edited by Ranald; 4 December 2014, 13:59. Reason: added a line of words

Comment

Hi, Elda, & Ranald...YES, sorry to say, all of us have lost our "albums" on our profile pages, since the initial breakdown (or whatever the glitch was!). I do not have any of the photos I'd posted on there anymore. I truly doubt if any will ever be seen again, except my personal ones here at the house.

Joan

Comment

I was wondering what I was doing wrong. Now I know I'm not. The baby is my great grandson Ranald. He's 3 months old now.

Elda

Comment

One way you can preserve them is to do a wee article about yourselves and include pictures you'd like to add to it. I'm more than happy to add a page for each of you to our site. In fact our Mini Bios section would be ideal for that. See http://www.electricscotland.com/webclans/minibios/

Alastair

Comment

Hi Alastair, does that mean the 'Photo' and 'Album' sections will no longer work, and are all the photos already lost?

Should that be the case, would it not be better to remove them altogether, bearing in mind your suggestion to use 'Mini Bios'?

Ranald

Comment

The problem is getting Steve to work on this to see if they can be recovered. The basic problem is that for some reason he won't spend the time on it and it does need some programming skills to try and sort the problem. It seems as if Steve has had some kind of breakdown as he is no longer interested in doing any work for the site apart from ensuring it stays up.

I believe the sections still work but we were never able to recover the old albums and I had a lot of pictures in there myself which are also lost.

Alastair

Comment

Hi Alastair, thanks for the update, not much more can be done regarding the lost album photos.

Do you think that for photos, it would be better to use the 'mini bios' as suggested in your prior message ?

I trust that you still have your original photos, of those that are now lost in the album section.

Regards

Ranald

Comment

I've always viewed our mini bios section as a permanent way of keeping information on people for future generations. As you know we've tried various communities over the years and moving to new software often means we lose information on the transfer. Like the best community we had was the webboard system but when we first put it up it cost $99.00 When we stopped using it the annual support contract had moved to $5,000 a year and we simply couldn't afford this.

We moved to Gossamer Threads but we were never entirely happy with it. When we discovered the current system we felt it was much better for the basic forums although we had ongoing issues with the add-ons. Problems is that at the time of adding this software Steve started to go down hill and he just wouldn't spend the time on resolving issues.

I guess you need to remember that I do run this business on a shoe string so I'm by no means rich and wealthy. There are a number of projects I've had on the back burner hoping that Steve would heal himself and get back to his old self. He used to be in my opinion the No. 1 tech guy in the USA. If something didn't work properly he'd take it as a personal insult and would work all hours to fix things. Sadly that's no longer the case.

I have lost pictures myself but most of the are available on the site. I did lose the great collection of pictures that we had of Edinburgh thanks to Stsn Bruce. As Steve was having issues I did ask if he could post up the picture program as a standalone program so it would make it easy to post pictures but he hasn't managed to do that. And so the only way I can preserve pictures is to put them up on the web site.

We do have a comments system on the site so were I to post a mini bio for you it would then be easy for you to add new information using that system. The comments are specific to the individual page. That also means if you ended up placing pictures on another site you could add the url to them in the comments system. I'm also happy to add further information to your mini bios page down the road.

Alastair

Comment

Working...
                  X