European Union

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• European Union

I thought I'd explore what the European Union is doing and how if started through a few YouTube videos...

Published on May 16, 2014

The Nobel Peace Prize winning European Union influences European citizens on most issues now. Food safety, energy matters, national budgets and size of strawberries: Brussels decides. Yet many people don’t see that, Europe feels far away for them.

Dutch documentary filmmaker Peter Vlemmix goes on a personal journey to portrait how the European project actually works. How are decisions made? By whom? How democratic is the current EU? And does the European Union provide a better life for European people?

These are the questions addressed by Euromania.

Alastair

Re: European Union

David Icke - The Origins & Symbolism of the European Union NWO

Very interesting video. David Icke goes into detail on the history of the EU.

Alastair

Comment

Someone Has Blundered, The EU's Actions in Ukraine - The Bruges Group

Published on Aug 15, 2014

The Bruges Group leads Conservative opposition against the EU's Single Foreign Policy.

This film finds the EU to blame for the Ukraine crisis. Lord Tebbit is damning of our policy towards Russia over 20 years, Bernard Jenkin MP attacks the Euro-neo-cons, John Redwood MP and Peter Bone MP express their opposition to the EU actions in Ukraine. Oxford academic, Dr Martin Holmes, calls for the partition of Ukraine.

Britain has no interest in supporting the EU's Drang Nach Osten, no interest in conflict with Russia. William Hague should exercise an independent British foreign policy.

Alastair

Comment

European Union Corruption Exposed

Alastair

Comment

The Truth About The European Union.

Published on Apr 14, 2014

Documentary on the issue of lobbying around the European institutions in Brussels

Alastair

Comment

Alastair,

That is some very serious viewing time there...................but it is a very complex and seemingly divisive subject by all accounts........

Gordon.

Comment

It's a very serious issue Gordon which is why I thought I'd post up those videos. The problem is that most people won't spend the time looking at this and so we blindly follow the SNP without knowing the issues. I have no idea on how we can persuade people to spend some of their time reading about the issues. You really shouldn't decide on something until you've had a chance to examine the pluses and minuses. I mean I might be biased so you need to try and find papers that explain the benefits or otherwise of a decision.

In pure cash terms Scotland would benefit directly by 600 million gbp by leaving the EU and joining EFTA, the EEA and the Nordic council. And that's just the annual membership fee. By being part of the EU and their mismanagement of our Fisheries Industry we lost some 100,000 jobs and as a result some 2 billion in annual revenues.

But I would guess no more than 1% of Scots know any of this and that's not good.

Alastair

Comment

I started watching the first video........this David Icke appears to be a very, very strange one, check out all his background, I will watch some more [just to give him a fair go], however I think "George Orwell" did a more credible job on "Animal Farm' and "1984"

Still; when doing research one has to check all avenues and sources for information.............then try to sort "The Wheat from the Chaff"

Comment

I certainly agree you need to sort out the Wheat from the Chaff. I was quite content to be in the EU and never really gave it much thought until I read the paper "Scotland in Europe" which you can read at http://www.electricscotland.com/inde...ndineurope.htm

It was reading that paper that made me reconsider my thinking.

Alastair

Comment

Working...
                  X