Enigma Machine #97

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Enigma Machine #97

There are some really tricky ones again this week.

http://www.electriccanadian.com/life...igma/EM~97.gif

Good luck!

Cheers,

Hugh

Re: Enigma Machine #97

Hello, all...I think I have a few. (had to exit while had a showing of my home...!) OK...#2 is "little red wagon", #6 is "wide screen", #9 is many hands make light work", #12 is "gravy train", and almost on others...(of course almost doesn't count, does it??!!) And #3 is "mellow yellow", & #8 is "my mind's a blank".

Joan
    Last edited by FriedaKateM; 25 January 2015, 15:17. Reason: addendum

Comment

Great start Joan, you got them all right except for #8. No almosts there.

Cheers,

Hugh

Comment

Hi again - I haven't much yet to add to Joan's noble effort except these tries: #5: "The centre of attention", #10: "Looking up to you", and #11: "Changing horses in mid-stream".
        (Why does the machine tell me I have spelled 'centre' wrong?)
        Cheers all, John.

Comment

Right on all John. That leaves 4 for Ranald & Rick and anybody else, #1, #4, #7 & #8.

Cheers,

Hugh

Comment

It's Friday and we still have 4 problems unsolved. Can it be done by the weekend? Of course with this group.

Cheers,

Hugh

Comment

I have at present the Estate Agent bringing a seemingly endless procession of people to view the property, which means I have to keep right up to scratch with the housework - not one of my strong points (to put it mildly) so I don't get much time online just now.
              I'm a bit flummoxed with what's left, but here are some tries: Beyond the fact that #4 is an obvious anagram for "metaphor" I can't think of anything else. #7: "You're too right", but this a Kiwiism which Doug wouldn't know. #8 maybe "A dreamless sleep", but not very likely.
              That's all I have; perhaps Ranald or Rick to the rescue?
              - John.

Comment

A noble effort John. What kind of metaphor with the letters all mixed up? But the others were not close. Or maybe Joan?

Cheers,

Hugh

Comment

HI, all...I as well, have been gone for a period of over 2 hrs., due to people looking at my home here. No offers as yet. However, between John & I, think we got the #4..as "mixed metaphor". (am giving John half, & me half! Ha!) Frankly, #4 actually looked like a prescription drug to me...being an old nurse!!! On #7, are those backward "u's", or are they z's? Well, not making too much sense to self, as well as others. Joan

Comment

Right Joan, that's it. Those are 2 backward u's. Keep at it. Just 3 left, #1, #7 #8.

Cheers

Hugh

Comment

Hi, all...almost time for bed. Perhaps #8 is "I'll not say a word!" That's all folks!! Joan

Comment

With Joan's clue on the backward 'u's perhaps #7 could be "Right back to you"? Utterly defeated on the others.
                        - John.

Comment

Right John, sorry Joan, only 2 left, #1 & #8. I think I'll leave this set up a little longer and give some clues.

Cheers,

Hugh

Comment

I am surprised, #1 seems rather straightforward and maybe those bubbles in #8 are thoughts.

Cheers,

Hugh

Comment

Hi, Hugh...On #8, is it "thinking about nothing", and is #1 something about "riding in the bridal car" ?????

Brain Freeze...Joan

Comment

Working...
                              X