Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alastair is 21 Again.

Happy birthday Alastair and may you have many more.:cool::cool::cool:

Happy Birthday from the Caber Feidh Pipe Band .

Re: Alastair is 21 Again.

Thanks Gordon... just one more year until I get to retire and get my pensions when I;ll be wealthy for a change! <grin>

Alastair

Comment

Many happy returns, Alastair - I also have just over a year to go.
      If you can be wealthy on a pension in Canada, good for you! I'll be happy if I can still make ends meet...:unsure:
      - John.

Comment

The only thing about the British pension as an expat is that you don't get the cost of living indexation in most countries and I think Canada is one of them. It stays the same forever. :angry::frown:

Elda

Comment

Pensions are not indexed if you are in a Commonwealth country but if you live anywhere else it is. That's certainly not at all fair.

As to being wealthy with a pension... you should note that I won't be retiring my web site so any pension is a genuine increase in earnings for as long as I can keep the web site running.

I will likely cut back a bit on the work I do on it but I enjoy it that much I won't be giving it up.

Alastair

Comment

Very, very sorry to have missed THE DAY. I hope it was a good one for you.

Whatever virus I was kindly given, is still with me night and day, But a few slashes from my dirk will get me back to normal....... sorry folks lol

Remember we are supposed to be celebrating 'Alastair's day' not mine.....

Ranald

Comment

I've spent the last few days 'commuting' between Niagara Falls and Oakville. I've been a bit busy with the Grandchildren (I am not complaining about that). But the the whole exercise has meant that I have not been spending as much time online as usual. And that is my excuse for not sending my wishes earlier on than this. One point on theUK pension indexing - if you happen to be spending a couple (or more) weeks back in the UK can you can apply to have the indexing applied for the period in which you are there. You need to provide details of your flight dates so that they can calculate the amount. This now makes me wonder if the same applies if you visit an EU country...
              Sandy

Comment

Hope you recover soon from the dreaded Lurgy, Ranald. (and take it easy with that dirk...)
                - John.

Comment

I knew that Sandy......about applying for the extra when visiting the UK. It never seems worth the while for such a small amount if you are only there for a few weeks.

Elda

Comment

Originally posted by Glesgalass View Post
                    I knew that Sandy......about applying for the extra when visiting the UK. It never seems worth the while for such a small amount if you are only there for a few weeks.

Elda
                    You've lost your touch Elda~~~
                    Sandy

Comment

Working...
                    X