No announcement yet.

Property left vacant but who owns it ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Property left vacant but who owns it ?

I came across this on the BBC, and wonder why, if there are no relatives to claim the property, why has the council, nor government, not acted ?

Hermiston House - Renfrewshire

Yes - there IS a Rolls Royce car hiding, but can be seen in the video.

Ranald
    Last edited by Ranald; 14 May 2015, 16:24. Reason: added a line

Re: Property left vacant but who owns it ?

That's terrible! What a waste. A family could be living there.

Elda

Comment

Elda, when the video finishes, the next screen shows more properties being left abandoned, but still possible to be used.

Ranald

Comment

Looks like it could have been empty since the 70's. The owners appear to be quite well off judging by the car and TV's and appliances. I would certainly have been looking for the owners before now.

Cheers,

Hugh

Comment

It's quite surprising the number of houses that are vacant/abandoned [or similar] in the UK, and probably elsewhere.
          There is a TV progamme from the UK which shows the council property inspectors investigating ownership, sometimes having to initiate 'clean-up' action because of the state of the property concerned, the prcess is quite arduous and time consuming.

Here is a link to one specific article, it just refers refers to houses at the "Top End", I am still searching for information on what could be classed as "Everyday" homes The TV show in question is quite an 'eye-opener'

Inside the derelict houses on Billionaires' Row: Abandoned ballrooms and plants growing in staircases in the street where some mansions have stood empty for 25 years

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz3aN3WR6EW

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-25-years.html

Comment

Working...
          X