Mr & Mrs Cupples

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mr & Mrs Cupples

Both of them were authors and I came across his name in the book I did on James Stirling as they were the best of friends. I decided to do some research on him having read about him in the book an learned he had done a book on navy life which had gone through a number of editions.

While searching for more information I learned his wife had authored some 50 books mostly for children. After her husband death she went to live with her sisters in New Zealand.

Anyway.. I read one of her books and enjoyed the read so much that I read all of it in one sitting. It's been difficult to find their books on the Internet although they are all available for purchase but have found some. I might add they are all out of copyright but as you'll know there is a growing industry out there finding out of copyright books and then publishing them for sale.

And so with the help of John Henderson I have got up some genealogy of them both along with brief bios and a few of their books for you to read. In some ways this was ongoing work this week and reckon there might be more to add in the future. You can see what we have up for now at http://www.electricscotland.com/hist...er/cupples.htm

Alastair
Working...
X