Enigma Machine 115

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Enigma Machine 115

Here is another easy one for you, and my last effort for now.

http://www.electriccanadian.com/lifestyle/enigma/enigma115.htm

Cheers,

Hugh

Re: Enigma Machine 115

Hi Hugh, only one at first glance #2 "Highway", perhaps more to come.

I did think we were near the end of the series, many thanks for all your work and time.

Ranald

Comment

Right you are Ranald. The rest will come gradually. I have enjoyed doing these and getting to know all the "enigmaphiles".

Cheers,

Hugh
      Last edited by Hugh; 24 August 2015, 09:57.

Comment

Perhaps we should produce a pdf file with this collection where folk would be able to print them all out and hand into old folks homes, doctors surgeries, etc?

Alastair

Comment

I once took some printouts of a few of these to a retirement home where I am a regular visitor. Not much interest from the patients, but apparently the staff had vigorous discussions about them during coffee breaks. VERY few correct answers, however - perhaps there are not many folk with the 'enigma' gene.
          Anyway, I'll put in a few for starters: #4 "Nonsense" #5 "News" and #6 "Medicine".
          - Cheers, John.

Comment

I've placed one of the puzzles in the September issue of the Canadian Templar. The puzzle is towards the front of the newsletter with the answers towards the foot. It will be interesting to see if I get any comments.

Alastair

Comment

Right on all 3 John. Ranald will be pleased with your help. We seemed to have lost Rick and with you and me doing the remaining puzzles only Joan and Ranald would be solving. I still have 4 of yours to do John.

Cheers,

Hugh

Comment

Hi, Hugh - no sign of the others for a few days, so I'll try to keep the ball rolling with: #8 "Mouse", #9 "Piano" and #10 "Bond".
                - Cheers, John.

Comment

Great work John, right on all three, you may have to finish the puzzle since nobody else is helping Ranald. We may have to declare a holiday until Joan gets into her new house and starts participating again.

Cheers,

Hugh

Comment

Well, here's what I have for the rest then, Hugh: #1 "Skins", #3 "Whirlwind", #11 "Recovery", #12 "Masonry" - #7 looks like "Trombone", but not sure if the spelling fits.
                    - Cheers, John.

Comment

HI, Guys...Just now got around to printing off this "last" one. I went through & marked all that Ranald & John did. Soooo...didn't even try this time. I have sold my house, & I have found a ranch condo...really a great place, over in Ohio. September will be closing after closing. Will occasionally get on here to check things out!!! Thanks, Joan

Comment

Hi Joan, great to hear your news, may ALL go well with the move.

If possible should you have time, keep us updated with the move.

I am still in occasional email touch with a very nice lady member here some years ago. Her home town is Fredericktown.

ALL the very best.

Ranald

Comment

Well done selling your home Joan and hope the move to your new home goes well for you and you get settled in. Hope you'll have some good neighbours.

Alastair

Comment

Yes, best of luck, Joan - having just gone through this process myself I know what an upheaval it causes, so I hope everything goes smoothly for you.
                            - John.

Comment

Enigma Machine 115 Answers

1. Skins
                              2. Highway
                              3. Whirlwind
                              4. Nonsense
                              5. News
                              6. Medicine
                              7. Trombone
                              8. Mouse
                              9. Piano
                              10. Bond
                              11. Recovery

12. Masonry

Once again all were solved! Since Joan is in the process of moving, maybe we should take a break since only Ranald would be participating.

Cheers,

Hugh

Comment

Working...
                              X