Potato or Tomato?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Potato or Tomato?

I was watching Jamie's Food Revolution today.

Frankly I was shocked at how the children in Huntingdon didn't even know what vegetables were. In the same episode the children didn't even know how to use a knife and fork. Here is the clip on where they were asked about vegetables...

I'm not sure if you will have access to this program but I have to tell you I'm shocked at how the world's super power is bringing up kids like this and no wonder obesity is huge in America.

Alastair

Re: Potato or Tomato?

I'm shocked too. It's understandable that they may not know the names of things like eggplant but they should at least know tomatoes and potatoes.

Comment

Re: Potato or Tomato?

Also Elda... they weren't given knives and forks for their lunch at school. When given them most didn't even know how to use them and the teachers had to show them.

He actually brought in a bunch of kids to show them a real chicken. He then took of the breast, legs and wings and then in front of them he put the rest of the carcass into a blender, added some flour and other ingredients and then put the results through a mesh. He then made that into nuggets and put them into bread crumbs. All of the kinds wanted those to eat rather than the other parts of the chicken.

It was beyond belief.

Alastair

Comment

Working...
      X