St James Investiture in Toronto

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• St James Investiture in Toronto

I had a long weekend in Toronto where I attended the Annual Investiture of the Knights Templar St James Priory. There were six new Knights and Dames added to the roles. The event is held at James Cathedral which is one of the very old buildings in Toronto with fantastic stained glass windows. The banquet after the event was held at the Royal Canadian Military Institute.

The RCMI is in it's new building but have to say the food has gone downhill since I was last there. We got very tasteless green leaves for a starter and while the steak with the main course was ok it looked like reconstituted dried mashed potatoes were used. The desert was ok but we usually have wee starters passed around as we have our drinks in the bar but none this time which is a first. So if that is the standard of food that we're going to get I think I'll just attend the investiture and skip the banquet next year.

My friend Nola Crewe got promoted to Grand Croix which is a seriously major promotion to receive. It looks like she'll be the next Grand Prior of Canada next year which if it goes through will make her the first female Grand Prior in the orders history.

Spent Sunday with Nola and Aaron and had a relaxing time and returned on Monday. I didn't actually open my computer through the weekend so getting caught up now on my email.

Alastair

Re: St James Investiture in Toronto

Hi Alastair, very pleased that you managed away from the computer, for a few days.

Pity about about the meal not being up to standard. I trust they were advised, or they will not learn.

Regards

Ranald

Comment

Re: St James Investiture in Toronto

I did make it pretty obvious Ranald <grin>

Alastair

Comment

Working...
      X