ES Video Newsletter for 9th October 2015

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ES Video Newsletter for 9th October 2015

Produced this newsletter which covers both the Electric Scotland and the Canadian Templar publications...

Alastair

Re: ES Video Newsletter for 9th October 2015

In this video I was mentioning the new Russian engine they are developing but couldn't find the reference so having now fund it here it is...

Russia’s United Engine Corporation (UEC) plans to start work on the development of advanced aircraft and rocket engines using pulse detonation technology, the UEC press service said Tuesday.

The statement was made at the Innovation Day of the Defense Ministry-2015 international exhibition, held in the town of Kubinka in the Moscow Region.

“It is planned that development work in this direction will start in the near future,” a member of the UEC press service told RIA Novosti.

UEC has already built subsonic and supersonic demonstrator engines that use pulse detonation technology, the company's press representative added.

According to the company, such engines showed 30-50 percent improvements when compared to conventional engines by thrust and fuel consumption.

The development of advanced aircraft and rocket engines using pulse detonation technology will deliver currently unattainable performance characteristics to highly manoeuvrable aircraft. The technology will also provide advanced combat load and range to supersonic and hypersonic missiles and guided weapons of multiple purposes, according to UEC.

So might all this explain the problem Canada is having about sourcing new fighter aircraft? If on one hand the American fighters are so expensive and are having problems then if Russia is going to develop new fighters which look like running rings around their American opposition then I can well understand the delay in making decisions.

Alastair

PS I was making this available along with another article on the new American fighter aircraft to illustrate why Canada is likely having problems deciding on what to do at replacing their existing fighter aircraft.

Comment

Working...
    X