brunch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: brunch

It's an acquired taste and it has to be just scraped on. I got to like it when my eldest was a baby and I'd give him some vegemite toast fingers.

Comment

I quite enjoy a slice of bread and butter with Marmite but just a little. Mind you haven't eaten that in years.

Alastair

Comment

Still not convincing me~~

Comment

Marmite, vegemite, a great big NO thanks~

Comment

Originally posted by sandyc View Post
            Marmite, vegemite, a great big NO thanks~
            Sandy............

This must be the one for you...Promite................tastes nice on grain bread with a slice of very tasty cheese.....................I was "Vegemite" for decades, then the salty taste got to me................I even featured in an newspaper advertisment for Veg [about 70 years + ago].

Now................read on......................

Promite
            Promite® Spread is a vegetable and yeast extract which is a delicious spread on toast or bread. Promite Spread has a smooth texture with a unique taste which all the family will love.
            http://www.masterfoods.com.au/spreads/promite/

Comment

I still don't fancy any spread with yeast. My Grandpa used to be a baker and would spread yeast on a hot newly baked roll, disgusting!!! Mind you if I am bothered by fleas I my try it!

Sandy

Comment

I always used to be a Marmite fan until "Marmageddon" - then I had to switch to Vegemite. After the Marmite factory was up and running again I went and bought a jar - then went straight back to Vegemite. Still don't know if it's me or the product... I might have to give Promite a try.

Comment

What's Promite?

Alastair

Comment

Originally posted by Alastair View Post
                    What's Promite?

Alastair
                    Alastair,

Here you for your edification on this culinary delight.....................it may even improve the flavour of your "Special Treats" [Haggis & Black Pudding

Here 'tis.................. Promite Spread has a smooth texture with a unique taste which all the family will love.

http://www.masterfoods.com.au/spreads/promite/

Gordon. :angelic:

Comment

Many thanks for that Gordon. I have eaten Marmite but having eaten it it can then be months if not years before I try it again. Don't know why that is mind you.

I still have a jar of Marmite I purchased some 10 years ago!

Alastair

Comment

Does it improve with age?

Hugh

Comment

Well it still draws the cheeks in when you taste it Hugh so guess it's still good <grin>

Alastair

Comment

Working...
                          X