brunch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• brunch

System asked if I was enjoying my Sunday brunch and I must say, "yes I did", french toast with maple syrup and sausages.

Re: brunch

I had a toasted butter roll with haggis and sausage!

Alastair

Comment

liked your post, it made me smile, haven't had haggis for a number of years.

Comment

Actually I saw an article mentioning having a slice of haggis with breakfast which got me thinking. When I open a tin of haggis I slice it up and put it in the freezer so can take a slice when I fancy it.

Alastair

Comment

should I or shouldn't I....far too small a freezer and haggis is not going to replace one of the ice creams.

Comment

i only have a fridge-freezer so not a lot of room either. However as I put each slice in a wee freezer bag I can tuck them in no problem.

Alastair

Comment

I don't know how you can have maple syrup with french toast.....yuk! :-) The two just don't go together for me......kind of like pickles & ice cream.

Elda

Comment

Glegalass, i've never had pickles with ice cream (couldn't resist typing that) but I do enjoy maple syrup with french toast. The combination which I find to be a mismatch is the beans and maple syrup, canned, have a friend from the "Kingdom of Fife" who likes that, the only beans he will eat. Had a friend in for lunch and we had scallops, deep fied, chips and niblets warmed with butter......and a tremendous dessert, she chose caramel, pecan-crunch, frozen yogurt with a topping of raspberries and I had the raspberries over French vanilla ice cream....i'm get to be a dab hand at the cooking.

Comment

Ach Elda you've lost your sweet tooth. You'll be telling us you like Vegemite next~~
                  Sandy

Comment

Elda, what do you like with French toast? Pickles?

Hugh

Comment

Just salt with french toast Hugh. And Sandy, yes I do like vegemite spread thinly on toast and topped with avocado. When I was a kid I often went to my Granny's on a weekend and while we went to church on Sunday, my bachelor uncle used to make breakfast for us to come home to. It was a form of french toast, just different. He would beat up eggs, then break up pieces of bread and squeeze it into the egg until it was all soaked up.....then he'd add maybe bacon, chopped tomatoes, anything else he could think of :wink: He would squash it all into the frying pan turning it as it cooked. It came out like a giant piece of french toast and was delicious. We never, ever had a name for it.

Elda

Comment

Originally posted by sandyc View Post
                        Ach Elda you've lost your sweet tooth. You'll be telling us you like Vegemite next~~
                        Sandy
                        Only if it's smeared on tablet.

Comment

That sounds awful~~~

Comment

What? The french toast or the vegemite & avocado?

Comment

Vegemite and anything~~~

Comment

Working...
                              X