Ranald McIntyre

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ranald McIntyre

I got in an email from Ranald's son and here it is...

-----

Alistair

I am e-mailing you on behalf of my father Ranald.

His health has been deteriorating over the past few weeks and on his 90th Birthday (4/4/16) he was diagnosed with terminal brain cancer.

At this time he is relatively well, has full rational thought and whilst he is unable to use a PC he can speak and is not in pain.

He is keen to let you know of his situation.

I or my sister Fiona will update you as the days/weeks go on.

Regards

Andrew

------

I am going to reply and hopefully his son will be able to read my reply to him.

Alastair

Re: Ranald McIntyre

I've just added a page for Ranald at http://www.electricscotland.com/frie...ald/ranald.htm

There is a comment system for that page where you can add any messages for him to the page if you wish.

Alastair

Comment

I was just thinking about Ranald yesterday, because I had not heard from him for some time.
      Glad that he is not in pain, but the prognosis is not good.
      Please pass on my thoughts.
      Sandy

Comment

Sorry to hear that. I hope it was not Enigma Machine that caused it.

Hugh

Comment

I'm so very sorry to hear this. Ranald is a lovely man. I've messaged him as above.

Elda

Comment

Ranald really enjoyed that Enigma Machine and both he and I enjoyed meeting with Elda and her husband in Scotland.

Alastair

Comment

Very sorry to hear that Ranald had passed away. We never met in person but after a few years of sharing the Enigma Machine challenge and the odd e-mail on other topics, it's still a form of friendship. Condolences and best wishes to his family.

Comment

As Rick states above...I am so very sorry to hear of Ranald's death. I held him in my heart as a friend. What struck me in his regard was that he, even in our messages on this site, came across as a quite kind & tender man. I will miss him. Joan

Comment

Working...
                X