the referendum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the referendum

Cannot find a thread but my understanding it that the UK is leaving the ecc and that this would be a great time to buy pounds; appears the brit pound has plunged. I could not find a breakdown but overall it looks like 71% voted to leave....one article believes that Cameron will stop all immigration; a little far fetched but who knows....referendum to leave the UK seems likely for Scotland

Re: the referendum

Vote was 52 to leave and 48 to remain. So yes the UK has voted to leave the EU.

Right now would be a good time to buy GBP but I don't expect this to continue for long as the essential of the UK are sound.

Cameron has said he will step down and hopes to have a new leader in place by October.

Yes it does make in more likely that Scotland will have a second referendum but to be frank I think that would be a bad choice for Scotland right now and it's also premised that the EU would accept Scotland as a member which is no means certain as Scotland's debt to GDP ratio is currently 9.4% and EU rules are that no member should have more that 3% or if they have over that then they need to show how they will meet that figure which Scotland would find very difficult.

Hope that answers some of your questions.

Alastair

Comment

Re: the referendum

This is a turn up for the books. I must say that I was surprised and I don't like the undertones of racism in the mix.

Elda

Comment

Working...
      X