incoming calls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• incoming calls

If anyone has a clue regarding the following, please post: I live in Canada and my phone server is Tek-Savvy which uses the Bell line for something named VOIP (not sure if that is absolutely correct). For the past few days I have been receiving calls with the number showing on my phone being 12 digits long, the first six are 251 925. I have never answered because I have no idea who owns a number with 12 digits. One call rang long enough for my answering machine to "leave a message" but nothing was said and since then the number of rings stops before the answering machine would kick in. The only information I have been able to find is that 251 is the international code for Ethiopia; to my knowledge I know no one from that country although I did know a Peace Corps worker who spent six months there, thirty-seven years ago.
    I am reluctant to answer the unknown numbers, this thing about third party billing is a complete farce.

Re: incoming calls

No idea on this one but I agree that not answering it is the right thing to do.

Alastair

Comment

The phone company advised me to put a blocker on the number....it has come up four times, today, blocker will be applied tomorrow.

Comment

We have the same problem here at times [Australia], Our answereing machine is always on, we only pick up for known numbers,[visual check]

. The phone company gave the correct advice............ record any stray number and have it blocked.

Gordon.

Comment

Working...
        X