Donald Trump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Donald Trump

I am seeing a lot of criticism about Donald Trump but it seems to me he's just following up on the things he promised on the campaign trail...

Like build a wall with Mexico... he's now announced that.
    Getting American jobs back from Mexico.... is now doing that.
    Tackling Immigration... is doing that.
    Reducing tax and red tape... he's doing that.
    Doing away with Obama Care... he's doing that.

As to how many people turned up to see him being made President.. who cares other than the press. The point is that he's now President and that's what matters.

Also Obama didn't really like Britain and preferred Germany. Well it's obvious Donald Trump prefers Britain to Germany so the pendulum has now swung back to Britain's advantage so that's good isn't it?

At least he's keeping his word to the people that voted for him.

And as to Nicola Sturgeon... she's an idiot. She took away his Scottish Ambassador role... called for him to be banned from Scotland and now calls for him to be uninvited to meet the Queen. Is she an idiot? Yes!

Alastair

Re: Donald Trump

The problem is, as I see it, a lot of the people who voted for him didn't really understand what he was saying. I saw countless people interviewed on the street in America who thought that Obama Care was a different thing from the health system (forget the name of it) which was introduced. One of the things he has said is that he will force Mexico to pay for the wall by slapping a 20% tax on the goods imported from there. How does that make Mexico pay? It makes Americans who buy the goods pay. Sorry but it's Trump who is an idiot and a dictator. I can see there being a civil war if things go on like this. America is the very last country in the western world I'd live in.

Elda

Comment

I would not in the live in the US no matter who the President is. Trump is a manifestation of just how isolationist it really is. As to Sturgeon, not even worth wasting time on.

Comment

I was merely pointing out that he has done what he said he would do and if people didn't understand him that's their fault.

I agree about Sturgeon.

Alastair

Comment

Originally posted by Alastair View Post
          I was merely pointing out that he has done what he said he would do and if people didn't understand him that's their fault
          Alastair
          No argument there

Comment

Totally correct Alastair. People who did not take Trump seriously during his campaign weren't listening. He is now the elected President and needs to be respected as such, including visits to foreign states that have often welcomed far worse figures. These foolish protests and endless media hand wringing are not the answer. I believe many of his policies and certainly the Cabinet he has surrounded himself with are dangerous, but no one should claim they didn't see it coming. The 40% of the US electorate who did not vote can complain about nothing at all.

Comment

All I can say is------------------I'm glad I live "Down Under"

Gordon.

Comment

Me too Gordon :laugh2:

Elda

Comment

40% didn't vote? That's ridiculous! It's your duty to vote.

Elda

Comment

Brings to mind the saying-------------------"Be careful what you wish for" {It may come true] As Elda mentioned, 40% were too lazy [uninterested] to vote, so now, instead of "Sweet Dreams" they are stuck with "The Hound of the Baskervilels"

Gordon.

Comment

Now we hear that the Brits have a petition against Trump being invited for a "State Visit", I'm not surprised, view below and watch the havoc he created last time.

Comment

Finally, to let the topic return to some degree of sanity :wink::wink: I rest my case.:cool:

Comment

Hi Elda and Gordon, according to reports that I have been reading he's not too impressed by your PM. Seems that he hung up the phone when they were talking. Not sure if that is good or bad~~~

Sandy

Comment

As the new leader of the "Free ????? World" is an expert ?? "Tweeter" I thought it only fair to show his "Alter Ego" being pursued; not by an terrorist, but by that dastardly villain "Sylvester,,,,,, the evil "Puddy Cat"

Comment

Hahaha...
                              Sandy

Comment

Working...
                              X