45 degrees C in Australia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 45 degrees C in Australia

That is one hell of a temperature to experience. I have no idea how fire fighters can even operate in these temperatures.

Alastair

Re: 45 degrees C in Australia

Me neither Alastair. I've been here for 45 years and it's only happened a couple of times. Up to 40deg would happen in NSW perhaps a half doz times per summer but I only ever recall temperatures this high once before and even then it only went up to 42 deg. We weren't so bad here because we're on the coast but Sydney's inland western suburbs got up to 46.9 two days in a row. It seems to affect me more now that I'm older. Fortunately we have air conditioning because when I went outside I felt as though I couldn't breathe properly. I don't know how the fire fighters do it and they are all volunteers in the SES (State Emergency Services).

Elda

Comment

Re: 45 degrees C in Australia

As you know I was brought up in the Middle East but even there it didn't get that hot Elda. I was somewhat used to dry heat but we got the odd day when it turned humid and that was a nightmare.

I can only commend your fire fighters... I know in Canada we've had some very bad forest fires but nothing like these temperatures.

Alastair

Comment

Working...
      X