CRA-Canada Celebrates 50th Anniversary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CRA-Canada Celebrates 50th Anniversary

The 50th Anniversary of the founding of the Clan Ross Association of Canada, Incorporated, was celebrated in Niagara Falls, Ontario, from July 16 to 18, 2010. We were pleased to receive the following greeting from our Clan Chief. . . . . .

First and foremost, may I wish the Clan Ross Association of Canada a very happy and successful AGM, expecting of course you will not forget to have lots of fun and joyful celebrations at the wonderful location of Niagara .

Lady Eileen and I wish we were with you, but will toast your next 50 years this weekend instead.

Your message reminds me that I am now in my 43rd year as Chief, though it does not seem that long ago that I succeeded as Chief at the age of 34.

With very best wishes to all members of the Clan Ross Association of Canada, and any guests that may be attending the meeting . . .

David Ross of Ross and Balnagowan.

Re: CRA-Canada Celebrates 50th Anniversary

Our Friday evening ceilidh was held at the Best Western Fallsview motel. You may view some pictures and gain some idea of our celebration by visiting the following webpage.
    http://www.greatclanross.org/2010AGMFridayCeilidh.html

Don't miss the video of "The Gaels" singing Caledonia, written by Dougie MacLean. The song Caledonia became the theme song of the International Gathering of the Clans, Edinburgh, Scotland, in 2009.
    http://www.greatclanross.org/2010AGM-The Gaels

Comment

On Saturday, we loaded ourselves onto a school bus, which took us to Fort Erie, Betty's Restaurant, and Brock's Monument. It was too windy and cloudy to continue on to Niagara-on-the-Lake, and everyone appreciated the return to the motel.

Later in the evening, everyone took shuttle taxis to the Greg Frewin buffet and Magic Show.

No photos were allowed during the Magic Show, but other photos are found here . . .
      http://www.greatclanross.org/2010AGMSaturdayTours.html

Comment

A great show Doug, well worth the visit. Pity about the wind,,,, at least the sun was out.

I note that you let the Good Lady take a photo with you in a crowd of other folk, but you changed places for the photo with the tiger !!!!

Thanks for the link.

Regards to you Both

Ranald

Comment

Originally posted by Ranald View Post
          A great show Doug, well worth the visit. Pity about the wind,,,, at least the sun was out.

I note that you let the Good Lady take a photo with you in a crowd of other folk, but you changed places for the photo with the tiger !!!!

Thanks for the link.

Regards to you Both

Ranald
          The illusion with the tiger was too obvious, m'friend. The show was noisy, but the tiger was quite quiet, and I decided not to create any chaos after the performance.

We're off to attend our 80th Family Reunion on next Monday, August 2, 2010. It is always held on the first Monday in August, which is also a Civic Holiday. If it's a sunny day, the local Rosses will be continuing with their harvesting, and the attendance might not be as great as expected.

Thanks for dropping in, Ranald.

Comment

Doug ,enjoyed reading Re: CRA-Canada Celebrates 50th Anniversary .

And seeing the pictures.
            Marie

Comment

Originally posted by Marie View Post
              Doug ,enjoyed reading Re: CRA-Canada Celebrates 50th Anniversary .
              And seeing the pictures.
              Thanks Marie. We also had a terrific time in Fergus August 13-15. Alastair was there on the Saturday, but didn't feel well. He did manage to post some photos at ES, See What's New!

Comment

Originally posted by Ross-ter View Post
                Thanks Marie. We also had a terrific time in Fergus August 13-15. Alastair was there on the Saturday, but didn't feel well. He did manage to post some photos at ES, See What's New!

Thanks Doug,I'll look in What's New for the photos..
                Marie

Comment

Working...
                X