Thread: Volunteer for your local Cat/Dog rescue organization!

1. Volunteer for your local Cat/Dog rescue organization!

As I am a senior myself, I looked around for a good reason to take myself out of "myself". By doing so, I offered to volunteer for Hamilton, Ohio's Animal Adoption Foundation. This has literally been a "blessing in disguise", as I am making new friends with the workers who are human there, plus get an opportunity to get to know cats & dogs, without having to "take care of" them in my own home. I have one cat here at present time @ home, & she is extremely nice, very laid-back, & loving. I have a tendency to want to have "lots" of pets, but no longer live out in the country. That's where I used to have cats coming to live in my barn, having babies, etc., etc. Have also had a Jack Russell female dog in past, and an Airedale female dog as well. Cannot have any large pets here, as my condo association has decreed. I do still yearn to have a dog, but am attempting to hold myself back. I live on a limited income now, so keep on making vows to self to NOT get any more pets.

I have been having a wonderful time as a volunteer one day a week, for approximately 3 hours. I socialize with the cats, & gaze at the dogs, which does bring back good memories of all my past pets. Hopefully as I continue to grow "older", I will be able to keep up with my volunteering.

Hi to all, Joan

2. Like 1938 Observer, sandyc liked this post.
    247 Mini Golf Champion!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Re: Volunteer for your local Cat/Dog rescue organization!

Good to hear you are doing this worthwhile work Joan and enjoying it and making friends as well. Good on you.

Alastair

4. Thanks FriedaKateM thanked for this post.
  5. Re: Volunteer for your local Cat/Dog rescue organization!

HI, all once again... I had been having increasing pain, & felt some reluctance to continue working as volunteer with this animal adoption center. I finally did send an email to the director & advised that I would be quitting after working as volunteer for 833.5 hours over a period of a couple of years. Now I am home a bit more, but also am now 79 years young(hah), & do what I want to do. Am getting some assistance in cleaning from our Council on Aging, & doing fun stuff with a few friends. I was out today, getting groceries & necessities in my car. I keep pretty active here in the condo, as I have a basement, & do laundry down there. Do lots of walking as well. We are starting to have cooler temps here now. You all take care, friends. Joan

6. Like Alastair, sandyc, 1938 Observer liked this post.

Thread Information