Word Press

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Word Press

Just to mention that I am paying a company to attempt to transfer ES.com to a WordPress format. They will start work on Monday so we'll see how it goes.

Apparently WordPress has its own forums system so I will be looking at that as well.

The test site will run under ES.net and if it all works fine then we'll add it to our ES.com site.

So... fingers crossed we can get it to work.

Alastair

Re: Word Press

What will be the difference?

Elda

Comment

Well right now if you search Google for something and you're offered a link to Electric Scotland it will say "This site is not mobile friendly".

Clearly more and more people are using mobile devices to access the web and so I really need to make an effort to make my site mobile friendly if possible.

The problem is really down to the sheer size of the site as I have an extensive menu system and each menu item often has other menus under it so I've always felt that the site is of little use to people using smart phones as there is so much reading.

As to the forums system I'm not sure how that will work as I have yet to see it in action. The main thing I want to do is to get the main site converted and then I'll look at everything else.

Alastair

Comment

Thanks. I think a lot of people use tablets nowadays. I don't google much on my smart phone, certainly not big sites or banking.

Elda

Comment

Hi, Alastair & Elda, too...The folks I see using Word Press are usually doing an ongoing blog. I do agree, Alastair, that this site is quite huge, so wonder how it would do on that Word Press. I'd hate to have any more of our site cut back in size. Joan

Comment

Don't plan to cut anything down in size Joan. However I got an advert in from Word Press to say they can now handle large web sites which is why I'm looking at it.

Alastair

Comment

Working...
            X