• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Health and Education

Some thoughts on Smoking, Cancer, Allergies and Parental Education

Alastair

Re: Health and Education

I found out my own Doctor has cancer and that started me thinking about cancer in general. Like I am a smoker and including second hand smoke I am still cancer free at age 67. Recently I am hearing of more and more people having cancer so with smoking in decline it seems to me that cancer is increasing.

Also Allergies seem to be affecting more and more people so I wonder if being too clean is the problem. Like there is increasing use of products such as Febreeze and Lysol so are these products actually causing allergies?

Then while I repeat my view on how early learning in the first 4 years of life are critical to the development of your child are enough parents aware of this?

I intend to do some research on these areas in 2018 but thought I'd just do the above video to encourage folk to think about these issues and perhaps if you know of some research you might provide links to that information so I can follow up on this.

Alastair

Comment

When you and I were young Alastair we ate food which was in season only. Nowadays I often wonder what chemicals they are using to make all food available all year round.

Elda

Comment

They are doing some genetic modifications for sure. But they are also being able to extend the growing season for many crops with more intense farming. Like the use of poly tunnels in the UK is greatly extending the growing season for Strawberries which you can now purchase into December.

Should you get a chance to watch the Canada 150 film on Food and Drink "We're the best" you can see a lot of clever farming techniques and I'm sure some of them are being used in Australia.

Alastair

Comment

Working...
        X