dialog box missing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dialog box missing

The dialog box (where you wirte your message) appears to now be missing from the chat room. Any ideas?

dmf

Re: dialog box missing

I am seeing it so please try a refresh
    -=> Shared Pain is Lessened - Shared Joy Increased <=-
    Goddess is Great - Beer is Good - People are Crazy

Comment

Still nothing - All I get is a box asking about audio selection????

Comment

What Browser??? I am beginning to get REAL tired of this cross-browser BS:angry:

Papa
        -=> Shared Pain is Lessened - Shared Joy Increased <=-
        Goddess is Great - Beer is Good - People are Crazy

Comment

why the bad attitude? I only asked a question................................
          Last edited by dmf; 1 August 2010, 17:39.

Comment

I don't think this was aimed at yourself just browsers as a whole. Steve and I have discovered many problems with the browsers of late. Something that won't work with Chrome or Firefox works with IE. The things that look good in IE don't look good or just flat out don't work in other browsers. It's like I found this toolbar that I think is great for the electricscotland.com site and works really well with all other browsers apart from IE. It's just very irritating and so if anyone reports a problem you now need to know what browser they are using and even what operating system. It's a bit like we had a problem with our Arcade but Euan pointed out it was ok if you were using Firefox and so it was only IE users that had the problem. We're hoping IE 9 will resolve all these problems once and for all.

Comment

It appears to be missing for me as well, I can bring up the various rooms etc., and it says helllo, but no box. I'm on internet explorer.

but it worked well the other day for me when I chatted with Steve and Alastair.......maybe just an intermittent glich associated with a new update..........but as a graduate computer dummy :confused::wink: I shall wait patiently :laugh2::angelic:
              Gordon

Comment

I'm using Firefox, and the dialog box is missing also..i will check with IE..
                Euan..

Comment

Nup..no dialog box with IE either...
                  Euan..

Comment

Can I take it that the dialog box is where you type in your text? If that is the case I can see it in both Chrome and IE.

Just as a thought... I have recently installed a toolbar on ElectricScotland.com and so if you go to http://www.electricscotland.com you'll see it at the foot of the page. On that toolbar you'll see a chat option. There is a code to put that toolbar on this system so wondered if that chat option would be useful to have in here seeing there are all these issues? Anyone like to give it a go and let me know what you think?

Alastair

Comment

Alastair,

I use Google Chrome and I still do not have the dialog box................

Comment

What I am discovering is updates for flash and java are needed every week or two in order to keep up with the new CSS etc etc formates for building website. Too bad one cannot use old HTML. I am stuck in the 90s I reckon.
                        kellyd:redrose:

Comment

Well I guess this one is down to Steve as he's the techie. It may be we need to try another chat system.

In actual fact it's getting a pain making sure everything works for all browsers. I've never known browsers to be so different and they are all meant to be using basic standards.

I just noted that IE has taken back some if it's share from Firefox and Chrome in July.

Alastair

Comment

Yes, the competition is great out there for environments and browsers. Linux is a good operating system but is still lacking in many patches. I have noticed email programmes are even getting difficult.

The bar in ES.com is easy but how does one add it on here without being cluttered? We have to keep in mind our Elders who come on every day. They may have a hard time?
                            kellyd:redrose:

Comment

Well if you click on the wee graphic on the extreme right you can minimize it and it seems to remember your setting as Ranald pointed out. I think I'll wait a wee bit to see how it fares and then we'll see about trying it out in here. Right now we haven't been able to get it working for IE browsers other than on our index page.

Alastair

Comment

Working...
                              X