The Commonwealth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Commonwealth

As most members of the Commonwealth were part of the old British Empire it means that all those countries will have had Scots settle and work there.

I believe that after Brexit the Commonwealth has good prospects for Britain. And seeing that Canada, Australia and New Zealand are also members of the Commonwealth we could do some excellent free trade deals together.

I spent a lot of time creating a Commonwealth section for the site and this can now be seen at:
    http://www.electricscotland.com/inde...mmonwealth.htm

I want to continue to work on this to explore how small and medium sized businesses can exploit this to bring business into the Commonwealth countries.

And so if you have anything to contribute please send it in and I'll post it up on the appropriate page.

Alastair

Re: The Commonwealth

When I first came to Australia I worked in import/export. At the time, prior to the UK entering the Common Market, Australian law placed a priority on buying from the UK or another Commonwealth country. We had to prove that we couldn't get a product at a reasonable price from a Commonwealth country before we could import it from anywhere else.

Elda

Comment

Didn't know that Elda but what a good idea. Hope we can develop something like that again.

I see Australia is likely to be the first free trade deal that Britain signs after we leave the EU.

Alastair

Comment

I've done a wee update to this page to bring you some books about the Americas looking at the British Empire for that area. It was published in 1761 so quite some time ago now.

Alastair

Comment

Working...
        X