Aberdeen through the centuries

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aberdeen through the centuries

I'll just leave this here for any of you out there who have any connections to Aberdeen and the North East of this fair country. This is a really expansive collection of all manner of subjects in the area. http://www.mcjazz.f2s.com/Dee.htm

Re: Aberdeen through the centuries

Thanks for the link... very interesting.

Alastair

Comment

Re: Aberdeen through the centuries

Hi, All once more!! When my family visited Aberdeen...so many years ago, we met with my mom's cousins from up there in Scotland. We had a tea with them, & our cousin had baked a cherry cake for the occasion. They had an electrical company there in Aberdeen, although cannot remember whose name it was under. Our cousin Richard took us around & showed us a church that they had "wired" for electricity. We also went up & saw the huge deep "hole" there from whence came all of their granite homes. The last name of our cousin's husband was Allen, & his name was Frank. This from an older woman, who at that time in Scotland was about 19. It's hard to remember hard stuff like names!!! Enjoyed hearing husband Frank talking about going down to the River Dee to fish for salmon. Ta to all, Joan

Comment

Working...
      X