Can't Pay - We'll take it away

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't Pay - We'll take it away

I have what's called a TiVo service from my Cogeco television and Internet provider. Alongst this service it offers Netflix and YouTube so you can watch them on the TV.

Well yesterday I was browsing the YouTube channel and came across this series called "Can't Pay - We'll take it away" which follows High Court enforcers doing their job which involves recovery of bad debts and also evictions.

Frankly I was gob smacked at how much debt there is in England and Wales and how many families are in major rent arrears.

In fact I ended up watching about 6 episodes today.

So I just thought I'd mention this and you can see 1 episode on YouTube at...

I'd actually like to find out if there is a similar system in Canada, Australia, New Zealand and the USA.

I might add that these High Court Agents have the right to evict people right away and they might only give them an hour or two to leave the premises. They also have the right to break down doors to enter the premises of businesses and confiscate goods if they can't pay.

Alastair

Re: Can't Pay - We'll take it away

I notice it only mentioned England & Wales, not Scotland. Different laws? I'm not sure what happens here.

Elda

Comment

Re: Can't Pay - We'll take it away

Scotland has a different legal system for sure Elda but given what they do in England & Wales I was just curious to learn what happens in other countries. I am intending to ask the police in Scotland if they can tell me the situation there.

Alastair

Comment

Working...
      X