The Mystery of Mine Howe , Orkney

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Mystery of Mine Howe , Orkney

This is quite an interesting video on Orkney by "The Time Team", the recreation of the tunnel is quite an interesting segment, up to the usual good standards of "time Team" productions

Time Team Special Episode 5 (2000): The Mystery of Mine Howe , Orkney

Re: The Mystery of Mine Howe , Orkney

This is another one that I have just watched.................. it should prove interesting to some members.

Time Team History Hunters (1998-9) - Episode 5 - Scottish Border and Related Ballads (Liddesdale)

Comment

There were many series by Time Team were made. At the end there was some controversy over about some of their methods. In fact the 'main' archaeologist left after some disagreement. It certainly made Tony Robinson's career!! He is now "Sir" Tony.

Comment

I don't remember seeing this and have just watched it and really enjoyed it. I didn't know they did a history series.

Since watching this I have found a copy of the Calendar of Letters and Papers relating to the affairs of the Borders of England and Scotland preserved in Her Majesty's Public Record Office London edited by Joseph Bain in 2 volumes (1894). Added to the foot of our page at: https://electricscotland.com/history/borders/

Alastair

Comment

Time Team ran for about 20 years I think. I bet many of the programs will be online somewhere.

Sandy

Comment

Sandy,

Just follow this "Youtube" link and you will find many episodes listed of
            Time Team

https://www.google.com/search?source...31.LAlZBqEr7_c
            Last edited by 1938 Observer; 11 March 2019, 21:07. Reason: missed word

Comment

Thanks. I have seen many of them over the years. By the end it was becoming almost 'predictable'. It certainly promoted Archaeology and History and lots more people take an interest.
              Sandy

Comment

I actually recommended that Netflix stock their programs as they don't have any archaeology programs.

Alastair

Comment

Don't have Netflix or any other subscription service...

Comment

I confess that I really hate advertising on TV and all those trailer adverts so am now watching much more of YouTube and Netflix

Alastair

Comment

I agree about ads. Some of the channels even have 'breaks' in the ads. Mind you BBC has advertising too, for its own programmes!!~~

Still would not pay for services. The TV Licence is too much as it is~

Comment

Ah well of course in Canada I don't need to worry about a TV Licence <grin>

Alastair

Comment

Yes, but I get almost 100 channels "free" from am aerial. Not that we watch most of them. In Oakville we get "spotty" Aerial service of about 4 channels.

Comment

I am with Cogeco and their TVO service. The TVO gives me both Netflix and YouTube and I confess to watching YouTube quite a bit as they have many documentary programs like the A1 series, Air Ambulance, Won't Pay, we'll take it away, etc.

Alastair

Comment

Agree, it's a ripoff. They tried to introduce it here many years ago and there was practically rioting in the streets. The adverts don't bother me, I just zone out when they are on.

Elda

Comment

Working...
                              X