Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

All I've Ever Known: Margaret Gallagher's Story - My Thatched Cottage without modern amenities.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All I've Ever Known: Margaret Gallagher's Story - My Thatched Cottage without modern amenities.

Documentary I produced for the BBC in 1992 that has proven to be very popular from its first broadcast, and continues to attract interest from across the world in 2019. Margaret Gallagher from Belcoo, County Fermanagh, N. Ireland, enjoys her rural lifestyle, living without modern amenities. This was shot on 16mm film. At the end of Jan. 2019,​ it's had more than 800,000 views. Wondering if we will reach the million mark this year?

Alastair

Re: All I've Ever Known: Margaret Gallagher's Story - My Thatched Cottage without modern amenities.

The fact there have been three generations living in this home and still doesn't have any electricity and the current owner still uses everything in the house takes us back in time and shows how folk used to live makes this a very interesting film.

Alastair

Comment

Re: All I've Ever Known: Margaret Gallagher's Story - My Thatched Cottage without modern amenities.

HI, Alastair,

I had used my tablet to look up people living in Ireland, such as Margaret Gallagher, & Hannah (as above). So, I was able to look at Margaret's home, & see some of what we have seen here in this film. As I am part Irish, Scots, & English, it does give me a thrill to see some of my ancestors' homelands. Thanks for putting this on our site!!! Frieda Kate

Comment

Glad you enjoyed it Frieda.

Alastair

Comment

Working...
        X