Newsletter for January 24th 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newsletter for January 24th 2020

On Wednesday I was in London Ontario getting my eyes checked. As a result I am scheduled for an eye surgery on Friday which should restore my sight.

Listening to the news I note the continued wildfires in Australia with the added complication of flooding, which may destroy some of the fish stock in the rivers.

You might not know here in Canada we have come across some cold winter weather in the extreme cold in Prairies of minus 50 degrees. In East of Canada have witnessed some historic snowfalls with 70 cm of snow. The latest report they will lift the state of emergency as of Saturday at 6am. Here in Chatham we have only accumulated 6 cm of snow, which shows the clever person that I am. <grin>
    Other major weather reports have been reported in France and around the world. All that is said about climate change is up for debate.

In other news events are the impeachment of Donald Trump, as one senator said is like sitting on tractor. In other news SARS type virus which they hope won't be as virulent as the actual SARS.

That's the news this week and hopefully normal service will be resumed next week.

Alastar typed by Matthew

Matthew says "although informative Alastar has been a real PAIN"

Re: Newsletter for January 24th 2020

Update: had my operation today (Friday January 24th) they advised that it will probably take the full weekend for my vision to come back, but i was able to make myself a proper meal and a hot coffee which is progress. Cassandra is typing this for me but hopefully my next communication I will be able to do myself.

Alastar

Comment

Re: Newsletter for January 24th 2020

Thanks for the updates Alastair and I hope the surgery was successful and that you had a bit of a chance to enjoy Burns night on Saturday. Thinking of you often, especially today when Brexit became real!

Comment

Working...
      X