Thoughts on a Sunday morning - 17th May 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thoughts on a Sunday morning - 17th May 2020

It is strange how, just as we see the light at the end of the tunnel, the anticipation seems to fade. The idea of being able to stroll along the beaches, or go window shopping, or take a picnic basket to a little league game, or join friends for a drink at our favourite bar, . . . the excitement just isn’t the same. Somehow we have become infected with “virus fear”, rather than fear of sickening with the virus itself. It is impacting our dreams and if we do not resist, it will darken and steal them away.

It is going to take faith and bravery to trust others: the staff serving you; the person walking past you; the riders in the subway. And the real problem is that some are not deserving of your trust. I know that. But the alternative is not trusting anyone . . . and that is even worse.

As we start emerging from our homes and into contact with others once more, I offer the Christmas message of King George VI as war clouds gathered in 1939, he quoted from a poem by Minnie Louise Haskins

“I said to the man
    who stood at the gate of the year
    ‘Give me a light
    that I may tread into the unknown.’

“And he replied,
    ‘Go into the darkness
    and put your hand in the hand of God.
    That shall be to you better than light
    and safer than a known way.'”

reach out and put your hand in the hand of God: and all will be well.
    God bless now and always

Nola
    The Reverend Nola Crewe
    Rector – St Monica’s Anglican Church
    OSMTH – Grand Prior - Canada
Working...
X