THOUGHTS on a SUNDAY - 31 May 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• THOUGHTS on a SUNDAY - 31 May 2020

It is Pentecost Sunday and time to explore what that's all about and what it means to you.

The Most Reverend Anne Germond invited us to join an online celebration of Pentecost at 2:00 p.m. service today. It promises all the passion and fire of the day at . . . .
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjBl...Hope you will be joining me there.

Greetings . . .

Another Sunday and another amble through thoughts I have accumulated over a lifetime . . . some leave bits to be debated, others for rejection, and hopefully, a few to embrace.

One of the great things, for me, to come out of this crisis has been the creation of this new way of talking to you. And the best of all, is that so many of you talk back! I don’t get the chance for such debates or commentaries on a Sunday morning and no one gets to rewind a sermon at St Monica’s to point out any inconsistencies. And I want to thank everyone who has taken the trouble to engage me in such discussions: it has been the high point of the past few months!

Different people are looking forward to different things . . . getting back to work (or not); going shopping in person (and never going on-line again); the doors of the gym opening; birthdays’ taco dinners for the whole family; and, best of all . . . when we all gather together again at St Monica’s and share in Holy Communion. But I do know that will be some time in coming.

In the meantime, enjoy the extra time with those you love, whether you reach out your hand and they are in the same room, or ZOOM or phone or text or . . . however you are doing it, keep close to love.

God bless you, one and all.

See you next week.

Nola

The Reverend Nola Crewe
    Rector - St Monica’s Anglican Church
    Grand Prior – Canada – OSMTH
Working...
X