X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• THOUGHTS ON A SUNDAY MORNING - June 7th 2020

Forgiving and Forgetting: or not.
    Why is it important to forgive?
    Who is hurt when we don't forgive those who trespass against us?

Good Morning . . .

Another Sunday and no place to go: at least not to worship . . . And the directive from party HQ tells us churches are staying shut until September, at the earliest . . . regardless of any lifting of restrictions by the government.

By then I may well have mastered this medium and take it back to the pulpit with me!

I am impressed with how well we have all adjusted to the 6-foot rule . . . I was heading home along Langley Avenue the other night and saw a party going on . . . half-a-dozen people spread over two front yards with a case of beer in the very middle. More than six feet between each of them and the case of beer more than six feet from anyone. What a great way to get together with your neighbours while keeping everyone safe and healthy.

I do find the farewells as people retire difficult on Zoom. Now, I am not a huggy person. I was delighted when the Diocese ordained no more handshakes and hugs at the Peace: but when someone is leaving and you will probably never see them again, it would be nice to have a goodbye hug, instead of raising a glass to the computer screen toasting a final farewell. And how do you reach out to someone whose partner or parent or child has died without being able to touch and console?

These are challenges that only compare to a time when people boarded ship for the New World . . . knowing they would never return to celebrate a birth or grieve at a cemetery. Final goodbyes.

But the curve is going in our favour, so let us give thanks to God Almighty for bringing us through and we are almost to that other New World.

Blessings
    nnDnn

Nola

Nola Susan Crewe JD, MDiv, MA, GCTJ
    Rector - St Monica's Anglican Church
    Grand Prior - Canada - OSMTH
Working...
X