Thoughts on a Sunday Morning - 5th July 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thoughts on a Sunday Morning - 5th July 2020

Hello, once more and thank-you for returning. Your presence really makes my day!

Things seem to be taking so much more time than they used to do. And I don’t just mean how extended phone calls have become or ZOOM meetings which started out as brief and efficient have extended and become as much therapy sessions as business expediters. It is almost as if we need to fill our days with something . . . and anything will do . . . anything being better than nothing. I do not know how many times I have seen the same Bones or CSI episode . . . .or, I have to admit, a 600 lb Life or Hoarders segment (which makes me feel far better about my battle to get below 150 or the accumulation in my basement!).

Life has not ground to a halt, but it has extended into a slow-motion scenario. The timelines are extended. We spend hours in the garden or working on a new recipe or creating the perfect perfume potion. And deep-down inside, we know this is not productive. It is just filling the time that we used to use to support our families, feed our egos or challenge our fears. We need to get back to a world where we value our efforts . . . not merely use them to fill in the endless hours of each passing day. By all means, stay active. Stay alert. Stay committed to all the good things that make life meaningful.

But pray for the day when we will come out of the twilight and re-engage in the real world to the glory of God and all that is good and right.

So may it be.

“To sleep, perchance to dream . . . “ Yes, Hamlet, that is much to be desired.

To sleep soundly and awaken to the confidence that all is well: is that too much to ask? Is that an unreasonable expectation? One lost with one’s infancy? Was it ever a reality? Is it a reality that one can re-gain if one’s childhood was one that even provided it?

Security: the thought to dwell on to-day.

Working...
X