Thoughts on a Sunday morning - 2nd August 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thoughts on a Sunday morning - 2nd August 2020

Welcome back . . . I hit my gym on Friday and feel rewarded for having had the courage to get back as out-of-shape as I have become.

COVID-19 is not over. It has not been conquered. We still await a cure.

But, I feel we can now seriously start working on the damage done to the mental health of so many, to our country’s economy and to the education of our youth. And as long as we keep working together we can conquer everything. The challenge of the week is to get at it . . .

It just takes faith . . . the variety that is spoken of in Hebrews 11:1

“Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.”

Pray, attend a service on-line, and give thanks for all our blessings.

See you next week . . .

Nola
    The Reverend Nola Crewe
    Rector – St Monica’s Anglican Church
    Grand Prior – Canada – OSMTH

Welcome to a damp Sunday morning . . .

As we move from isolation to many more doors opening I have been surprised at how cautiously most are in moving out. When the patios opened, the first week or two few tables were filled and now they are full of happy people enjoying the summer days. When I went to the gym Friday I expected to stand in line for ages to get in: instead only a handful of people were there . . . and the same again on Saturday: so I get free reign of the place until the initial reluctance morphs into full participation. The unveiling of the opening plans for schools come September was met with equal fear and joy . . . relief and caution.

There is a quasi-curse that says, “May you live in interesting times” – meaning times of danger and uncertainty, compared to the uninteresting times of peace and tranquility. The year 2020 is certainly one of the “interesting times”.

In 1966 Robert Kennedy, addressing this notion of interesting times, added:

“Like it or not, we live in interesting times. They are times of danger and uncertainty; but they are also the most creative of any time in the history of mankind.”

This is our challenge as we emerge . . . to use our God-given talents to create a new and better society out of the chaos of the universal tragedy of COVID-19: of our interesting times.

May our Trinity of creativity, salvation and inspiration guide and protect you. To-day and always.

Blessings
    nnDnn

Nola
    The Reverend Nola Crewe, J.D., M.A., M.Div., GCTJ
    Grand Prior – Canada - OSMT
Working...
X