Thoughts for Sunday 9th August 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thoughts for Sunday 9th August 2020

This pandemic has resulted in a whole new vocabulary being generated to deal with new concepts. Some technical, some tongue-twisters and some better than others, as in, “ . . . after dealing with the Covidiot, morona and the Coronallusional, one heads for a quarantini in the locktail hour”. But it is old words that have resurfaced that I turn my Thoughts to this week. So join me on my wander through words until we get to: OVERCOME! As in, are you being overwhelmed or are you doing the overwhelming: or can you just be whelmed?

A reminder from Chevalier John, of the Grand Priory in the UK
    CORONAVIRUS – the silent killer is always busy;
    don’t relax, because it doesn’t!

Confession being good for the soul, I have a confession to make: I know it is silly, but one of the things I am finding the hardest to grapple with is everyone wearing masks. It isn’t that I have a legal or physical problem with wearing one myself. I don’t even think about putting one on when I go to the mall or to a restaurant. I put it on because the law requires, health officials say it helps and because it makes some others more comfortable. Similarly I watch my distancing . . . but the six-foot apart rule is just an inconvenience.

I just so miss seeing the expressions on other people’s faces, reading their lips when I can’t quite hear them, seeing smiles and faces with lipstick! Blinded by the masks from faces, I feel my ability to make a connection is almost eliminated.

I wish I knew a woman of orthodox Muslim practices that I could talk to about these things and to learn from her how they know if they are making a connection or read what the other is thinking or understanding or whether they are in agreement or digging their heels in. There has to be a way to do this, but I have not mastered it yet and I feel my encouraging smiles under a mask are the stupidest thing imaginable! Are others still smiling under their masks? I just don’t know.

So that’s the challenge I am working on these days . . . what is yours?

Please keep the suffering peoples of Lebanon in your prayers.

God bless and keep you well until we meet again . . .

nnDnn
    Nola

Working...
X