Scots Language

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scots Language

As so many of Robert Burns poems were written in the Scots language I thought I'd mention that Electric Scotland inherited the work of Peter Wright who wrote for the Flag in the Wind, an online publication out of the Scots Independent Newspaper.

I remember working with Peter and his wife Marilyn as they recorded words, poems, phrases and stories in the Scots language for posting up each week on the site. This body of work started a good number of years ago and hence all the audio is in .rm format which is Real Audio. In the event you don't have this player it can be downloaded at real.com for free.

Anyway... in this section you will also find a glossary of some 3,000 words all of which are recorded in audio. The word is said first in Scots, then the translation is given in English. Then a phrase is said in Scots including the word and then the word is said again. It's certainly a work that should stand the test of time.

Much more is available in this section which can be got to at http://www.electricscotland.com/cult...cots/index.htm

Alastair
Working...
X