Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fallbrook becomes the North Halton Celtic Historical Society

Hi and a warm welcome to our new community forum on electric scotland,
    My name is Sandy and,as a true scot, i am a man. it is the nickname of Alexander and I got it from my great uncle who was born and raised on the Fallbrook farm pioneered by the scot crofter Donald.You get the epic story of our small community group back on the main site ]http://www.electricscotland.org search Fallbrook.
    For now, please check the invitation to our annual meeting.
    As we master this new medium, we will follow it systematically and communicate with you.
    Alastair has supported our group for over nearly 3 years as webmaster and advisor.This is his latest contribution.many thanks, Alastair.
    Good night, Sandy McKay co-founder
    Last edited by sandy james mckay; 30 August 2010, 19:42. Reason: colour opyion did not colour

Re: Fallbrook becomes the North Halton Celtic Historical Society

Glad you made it in Sandy. And hopefully we'll get a good turnout at your inaugural meeting of your new society in September.

Alastair

Comment

The new executive of the NHCHS has been working feverishly to make this a memorable homecoming. Business will be quickly disposed of so we all can enjoy the farm luncheon and the guided tour of the site. In fact,Alastair, we just might have a very good turnout. These gatherings are always a success. A warm welcome to all.It is very important to confirm so Anne can adjust the food supply.

Comment

Hi Sandy,
        wish I had known about this when I lived in Oakville. Maybe when I get back there next year I shall be able to come up and see you~~~

Sandy Campbell (now back in Scotland)

Comment

The meeting was indeed well attended and we also got to see the farm house as well. I've added a page at http://www.electricscotland.com/ssf/fall45.htm where you can see the pictures I took on the day.

To my mind there is tremendous scope for this venture and it would be my desire to see this project get even bigger to see the whole farm restored never mind the farm house.

Comment

It's a worthwhile project of significant historical and local history for the area and its early and current inhabitants.

Enjoyed the photographs.

Comment

hi sandy of oakville,
              as i get accustomed to this new techno, i have refound your post. glad to hear from you and thanks for the encouragement. where are you in scotland?
              sandy of ballinafad,fallbrook

Comment

Hello Sandy of Quebec, according to your profile.
                I am currently in Kirkintilloch, NE of Glasgow. I still have a house in Oakville. I have been over here since Jan.'07 but visit family across the provinces on a regular basis.

Sandy

Comment

my ancestor of fallbrook,sandy, donald mckay was born in rogart,not far from you.and the fallbrook battle began in durness. pure serendipity. sandy of quebec

Comment

Hi Sandy,
                    in Scottish terms Rogart is a long way from me up there in Sutherland~~~
                    McKay / MacKay is a very common name up that way and as I recall there is a memorial to the clan in the Tongue area...
                    Sandy in Kirky~~

Comment

Hello to the Sandys

Here are three links, which I hope might be of interest on the subject.

The third link mentions photos of the monument, but they have to be purchased, and there is no pre-view.

Ranald

http://www.mackaycountry.com/Tongue.htm#top

http://www.presbyterian.ca/files/web...dings/1998.pdf

Kincardine Parish Church, Mackay Monument

http://canmore.rcahms.gov.uk/en/site...ch+churchyard/

Comment

Thanks Ranald. I've done quite a bit of walking up there and it can be a bleak part of the country.
                        One of the most poignant memories I have is coming across signs of old communities "way out" in the countryside, the remains of once vibrant crofting townships.
                        Of course there are many such sites across the land but these were the first I recall, I did most of the walking when I was 15 - 17 and they really made an impression on me...
                        Sandy Kirky~~~

Comment

Working...
                        X