My Beloved Bird is Gone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Beloved Bird is Gone

Just thought y'all would understand. This morning, a hawk got my baby. We clip his wings and he enjoys going outside on our porch all the time. A hawk got him before I could even move. I am devastated. It has to be my fault, if I only could move fast. Thanks for listening to me whine.

Re: My Beloved Bird is Gone

Yes Diane, devastating when you are wondering 'what if.....'

Why not put up a photo of 'your baby', for us to see ?

Ranald

Comment

Thanks Ranald. Wise words about the "what ifs" in life. I am old enough to know. And thanks for the smile you brought me about putting up a photo. I had one up but took it off that morning. But with your kind suggestion, I put him back in my album at least for awhile, and was really glad I did. Again, thanks.

Comment

Diane, do you mean your album at home, as it is not in the album section on this site?

Ranald

Comment

Hey Ranald,
          Yes, I put it in my album in my profile. I think the moderator had to approve it, however, it is up now. Please don't feel obligated to view it, but if you want to, please feel free.

Comment

Hello Diane,

Yes I see the photo, but being small, difficult to make out detail.

Was your baby yellow, and feeding lunch from a stemmed glass?

Ranald

Comment

That's very sad Diane.

Welcome to ES .
              Marie

Comment

Thanks so much for the welcome Marie. We should be embarrassed how much we love our pets. Haha. My husband has this uncanny draw of attracting abused, homeless, abandoned, or starving animals. If not that, we get them from a rescue shelter. Tony even found and saved Ruckus, our bird, and brought him home to me. The animals just adore him. I don't even like him that much. Haha. In fact, a day after loosing Ruckus, an abandoned little puppy found him and would not leave him alone. Of course we fell in love with her immediately. One look and we were done for. I will put her in my album. Oh, by the way, please pay no attention to her name as my husband always names the pets and well...........?????

Comment

Morning Ranald,
                  I think that if you double click the picture, it will enlarge. However, I am absolutely not a computer person. I sent two vistor messages to MYSELF for heaven's sake before I figured it out!!!!! And I still can't put any of the smiles at the end of my messages. They seem to want to go up top by the title. Haha

Comment

Hello Diane

When you select 'Reply', and the new window opens, look at the lower right where you will see 'Go Advanced'. If you click that, then the new window gives text variations, and YES..... 'Smileys !!

Hardly worth sending to yourself, as you would know what was coming..... <grin>

Ranald

Comment

Hi to Diane, and all others on this site. I recently had a mother cat have her kittens in my barn, in a secret place. Saw them eventually, and became acquainted with mother. There were 3 little black & white kittens, 2 slightly larger than the 3rd. Well...figured out that the two larger ones were males/toms, and they eventually went off on their own. Mother came back several times, and could see her snarling & batting at the little one. Long story short, I had been feeding mom & kids, as mom was crippled in one paw/leg. Then mother left for good, leaving the smaller kitten. She was quite friendly, asking for more from me than I could give, except for feeding & giving water. I would look for her every morning, evening, and call her with "kitty,kitty". She'd come running & almost nearly trip me on way to barn to feed. Well, Tues. this week, she wasn't there. It's amazing how sad this made me feel. Now Thursday, and I figure that she may have been eaten by a coyote, as we have them here in the country, southeastern Indiana. So, I share all of the pain with others who love pets!!! Thanks for hearing me.

Comment

Frieda,
                        Thanks for sharing your story. I feel for your loss. They bring smiles to our faces and that is worth so much. Eventually, some one else will need your help and I have a feeling you will be there!!!

Comment

Working...
                        X