Diabetes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Diabetes

Hi, all...Just a couple things I've observed as a nurse over the years. It is common that companies will give a diabetic a free meter. Where they do get you is in the expense of the strips. Although haven't worked as a nurse for a while, I would not doubt that this is where the most expensive outlay is. Not to say that improvements haven't been made in meters over my career, as I started working at a state mental hospital, the meter was the size almost of one of our printers for our computers. Looked something like about 2 feet long & about 18" wide. And they had to be calibrated, which is making sure they are working correctly. When working at a doctor's office, I had to calibrate our meter on a regular basis. Joan

Comment

I quite agree that it's the test strips that is the real cost. Mind you I believe in the UK they are free. In Canada they can also be free but depends on your income. Don't know about elsewhere though.

Alastair

Comment

I found a site that is reviewing the best blood testing meters at http://www.menshealth.com/spotlight/...ose-meters.php

Alastair

Comment

Diabetes means body does not produce enough insulin, or because cells do not respond to the insulin that is produced.
          Aisford

Comment

Diabetes have become a common disease and it is spreading nowadays and many people are patients of diabetes and there must be the proper treatment of diabetes and thanks for the information.
            personal trainer orange county

Comment

Working...
            X