International Convent 2010

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• International Convent 2010

The International Convent was held in Toronto in September 2010. All that attended received a copy of letters from the Canadian Prime Minster, the Premier of Ontario, the Mayor of Toronto and the Grand Prior of Canada. In addition they got a wee goodie bag which included the Toronto Visitor Guide, and Subway/Route Map. In addition all attendees at the Saturday night banquet were gifted with a book about Canada or one of Toronto. Both these books were of fantastic quality and weighed a ton!

Various meetings took place between the Grand Priors of different countries, and events were organised for all visitors to see the local Parliament and have a tour to Niagara Falls on the Thursday. Friday has a variety of speakers with myself giving a wee talk about the web and how we all needed to do better with our web sites.

Saturday was the grand investiture where new Knights and Dames were invested and others receiving promotions and the installation of a new Grand Master.

There was a parade from the hotel to St. James Cathedral with a Piper leading the way.

After the investiture there was the banquet which lasted some 3+ hours with many toasts, including one to the Queen and of course all the Grand Priors from the various countries that attended.

All in all everyone seemed to have a most enjoyable visit. I am particularly proud of our own Reverend Dame Nola Crewe, Prior of the St James Priory of Toronto for doing such a marvellous job of organising the event.

I have scanned in the Agenda for the visit and also the church service which are in pdf format which you can get to at http://www.electricscotland.com/hist...nt_toronto.htm

Alastair
Working...
X