Visiting UK

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Visiting UK

I am planning a trip to Uk in May 2011. This will be my first trip home in 23 years. I am looking forward to catching up with family and friends and hope to visit, Falkirk, Kilmarnock, East Kilbride, Reading, London and Southampton.

I may , if time permits also take a couple of days to go to Paris. I will be on holiday for 3 weeks so have a lot to cram in. A friend has offered to come with me, she has never been to UK and wants us to see a lot of sites of interest so a busy time ahead planning the trip.:laugh2:

Re: Visiting UK

Mary, I am in Falkirk and Sandy C is not that far away, so we could possibly all meet somewhere in the local area.

Nearer the time perhaps email connection would be best.

Ranald

Comment

3 weeks is a good length of time Mary, I've always found. It's not too long that you are dying to get home but usually enough time to see everyone and do what you want.
      An English neighbour of mine went for 3 months a couple of years ago and she said it was too long, she'd never do it again. You can overstay your welcome with relatives :unsure:

Elda

Comment

How great for you Mary!! I want so much to go to Scotland but fear it will be a dream that never will be fulfilled. Take lots of pictures!!

Comment

Thanks for info Ranald, will certainly try and catch up with you both when in Scotland. I agree with Elda, 3 weeks is a good amount of time to be away from home. I will definately be taking lots of photos, may even buy a new camera or maybe ask my kids for one for christmas..

Comment

My Life's Bucket List is nearly complete...I am vassilating between Hartlepool UK and going to Canada for Tartan Day...I think I will begin to price tickets for UK and spend a couple or so months with Kelly D and family...I have not seen them in 7 years..It would be nice.

Comment

Hope you make it LuRose. I am certainly looking forward to my trip and wish it were sooner now.. But I have to be patient and wait until May....

Comment

MaryT, have a great time, wish it were me .
                Say Hello to Ranald & Sandy for me when you see them.:smile:
                Marie

Comment

Working...
                X