X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bathurst 1000...the V8 Supercars 7-10 October 2010

Read all about i !!!

Drama and elation for Triple Eight

TeamVodafone experienced the lows and highs of Bathurst within seconds of each other at Mount Panorama this afternoon (Friday).

Jamie Whincup was involved in an accident at Forrest’s Elbow when he collected the stationary Team BOC Commodore, which had already hit the wall.

However, soon after the debris was cleared from the circuit, Whincup’s team-mate, Craig Lowndes beat Greg Murphy’s 2003 ‘Lap of the Gods’ time (see separate story).

Just go to the link for all the stories and video clips leading up to the "Big Race"

http://www.v8supercars.com.au/

Re: Bathurst 1000...the V8 Supercars 7-10 October 2010

Here is another good site to visit for the "Great Race"

http://www.bathurst1000.com.au/

The Bathurst 1000 is a 1000 kilometre (620 miles) race held annually at Mount Panorama Circuit in Bathurst, New South Wales, Australia. The race was traditionally run on the first Sunday in October but is now held on the second Sunday. The race traces its lineage to the 1960 Armstrong 500.

Since then 49 races have taken place under the combined history of two events at two venues in two states. It is known among fans and broadcasters as "The Great Race", and is widely regarded as the pinnacle of Australian motorsport. Since 2000, the race has been run exclusively for V8 Supercars and is now a round of the V8 Supercar Championship Series.

The race winners receive the Peter Brock Trophy which was introduced at the 2006 race in honour of nine-time Bathurst winner Peter Brock, most successful driver in the history of the race.
    A lot more useful information :cool:

Bathurst 1000 2005 start of the race+ 3 first laps.avi

Bathurst 1000 2005 first hour highlights

Comment

V8SC 2010 - Top 10 Shootout - Bathurst 1000 - Part 1 of 4

V8SC 2010 - Top 10 Shootout - Bathurst 1000 - Part 2 of 4

V8SC 2010 - Top 10 Shootout - Bathurst 1000 - Part 3 of 4

V8SC 2010 - Top 10 Shootout - Bathurst 1000 - Part 4 of 4

Comment

I watched most of the race today, however i think the organizers have done the race a dis-service by including the race in the V8 supercars program.
        I would like to see more "Brands" racing like years ago, (1960-1970's). Cars like Jaguar, BMW, Mercedes, Nissan etc..The current format for Bathurst is quite boring, now it's either a Ford or Holden to win, and since there is so little difference in either makes, it comes down to driver skill and luck, not what might be the best car.

Euan..
        Euan..

Comment

Sue and Catherine have given me a gift for my birthday to drive one of the V8 Supercars similar to those raced ar Bathurst last weekend.
          I get to drive 8 laps of Willowbank raceway in full racing gear,the car has roll cage and racing harness(fireproof suit and helmet)with an experienced racing driver in the passenger seat..He's in for a big surprise from this old Volvo driver!
          I will get an in-car video of my experience and i shall upload it to youtube and post it here for all to see.
          The attachment shows similar cars to what i shall be driving.

Euan..
          Attached Files
          Euan..

Comment

Best of luck Euan... hope you don't need to roll cage!!!

Alastair

Comment

Well Al, if you don't see me after tomorrow, you will know the roll cage didn't save me...I will be trying for 240kmh..
              Euan..

Comment

Hi Euan

240Kmh.......when do they let you change up from 1st Gear !!!!!

Best of luck tomorrow, throughly enjoy your day.

Ranald

Comment

Well i survived...and had the time of my life...it's hard to imagine how someone could sit in one of those cars for hours. I did 8 laps and it took me 12 mins...I think my best time was 1min17sec but i had too many curb crawlers in front of me...
                  I have a video, however it's in a weird format so i shall have to find a program to change it.Then i will post it, in the meantime, these 3 photo's show me getting ready to go..
                  Euan..
                  Attached Files
                  Euan..

Comment

Well done Euan, and glad you enjoyed the experience.

Pity about the curb crawlers' otherwise you might have got into 2nd gear :laugh2:

Don't forget to keep to the 'rules of the Road' now you are home.... , remember it is a great temptation just to show other drivers, what your car do.

Looking forward to the video.

Ranald

Comment

Euan,

Well done mate........... I can see you now stuck behind these three "Kerb Crawlers" :cool:

2010 V8Supercars Gold Coast 600 at Surfers Paradise Final Lap Close Finish

Gold Coast 600 Start Chaos - V8 Supercars 2010 Race 19

The start of Race 19 of the Armor all Gold Coast 600. Luke Youlden makes contact with the wall after getting squeezed by Jacques Villeneuve, which bottled everyone up at turn four, resulting in Greg Ritter in the Garry Rogers Motorsport car turning the Bottle-O Falcon around which caused a massive pileup, as well as the end of Ford Performance Racing's day. Will Power also headbutted Villeneuve as he flickspinned his car around.

!!MEET THE 2010 GRID GIRLS CALENDAR!!

Meet the girls of the 2010 Grid Girls calendar at the Sydney 500 V8 Supercars race at Homebush. :blush:

:angelic:

Comment

Well Gordon i'm used to the kerb crawlers...i follow them every day on the way to work and back...there should be a law to stop them. It never ceases to amaze me why someone would drive 10ks below the speed limit on the very left hand side of the lane on an a wide open road.Is this what they mean when they say speed kills?
                        Euan..

Comment

Working...
                        X