Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Going to start my own business, Finally!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Going to start my own business, Finally!

Hi everyone,

I took the first steps last night to start my own business. I attended the coucil's first class to becoming a registered child minder. In the states it is the same as a Home Day Care operator. This is a 12 week programme.

My kids were the ones who actually convinced me I should do this because "Mom, you are good with kids."

The ladies from the Hartlepool Council said there is not a single childminder in the two school catchment areas in which I live in.

I have a lot to get qualified by Ofsted but I am going to go forward on this avenue.

Just wanted to share with my dear friends!
    kellyd:redrose:

Re: Going to start my own business, Finally!

Good for you Kelly... hope it all works out but sure looks like it will.

Alastair

Comment

I used to do this Kelly.....many years ago. You didn't have to be a registered business but you did have to come under the supervision of Family Day Care in those days and your home had to be child friendly and safe, of course.

Elda

Comment

Hey Kelly,
        This is so wonderful of you!!!!!!! Parents need safe and loving care of their kids when they can't do it themselves.

Comment

Thanks Allie, Elda and Diane,

Getting the house ready is the major work. I do have until March 2011 to get it all in order. One advantage, I had been taking care of my grandson for 4 years so I do have the basics in place.

My son in law is going to do the safety equipment for me in January. I will know more after tonight's class.

Comment

Proud of you Kelly.
            Best of luck (and temprament).

Comment

I went to the GP this morning for the Physical Ofsted requires. It went well.

I consider myself lucky, I only had to pay £30 where others in my class had to pay £95. I am keeping the recipt just in case it is deductible.
              :)

Comment

Still pluggin away with the Ofsted course. I have had half of the paediatric first aid and have all my applications complete and ready to mail. We have some good instructors which makes it less boring!

Comment

Update:

My final class is the 11th of March. I have passed two interviews and one registration visit. All Ofsted is waiting for is the return of my CRBs. I have stuck with this and hope it will pay off in the end!

To the fund raiser for the Tay Rail Bridge Disaster Memorial Trust, I am still giving it a lot of my attention. The trustees really like my graphics and I will be meeting some business owners at the Gael's Fire Event in which I have been asked to make a presentation graphic for one of the main supporters-it may lead to more graphic business for me. Fingers X

All is busy in Hartlepool, that's 4 sure!

Comment

Hi Everyone,

My courses are all finished and passed. All I am waiting for is my official Ofsted Registration Certificate to be mailed. Opening a home daycare or creche' in England and Wales is hard work:) I now hold the following UK qualifications: NVQ L3 Childcare Learning and Development, Paediatric First Aid, Harlepool Council Child Minding Certificate, CMA qualifications, Every Child Matters qualification and Food Safety Level 2.

The name of my Creche' is The Kiddie Ranch....

Comment

Well done Kelly :smile: As I said before I used to do this but I was much younger. It's called Family Day Care here. I couldn't handle it now.

Elda

Comment

Kelly, good luck with your new Job!!!
                        Marie

Comment

I received my temporary insurance waiver from the NCMA today. I am now waiting for the registration certificate from Ofsted and I can start charging to be a Child minder.

Comment

Working...
                          X