Rescue of trapped miners in Chile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rescue of trapped miners in Chile

I was up to 04:30 am to watch the first of the 33 trapped miners being rescued.

A truly remarkable feat of engineering, no doubt with some help from NASA spacecraft experience.

To see the man being welcomes by his wife and son, was very emotional.

I understand that by now (11:23 am) six more men are now back on the surface.

Should the link not work, here it is together, with a news sequence.

Sorry, the above upload did not work, therefore you will have to use the link. WOW... It DID work !!

This next one is to the BBC News version.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-latin-america-11518015

Ranald
    Last edited by Ranald; 13 October 2010, 05:36. Reason: Added WOW !

Re: Rescue of trapped miners in Chile

A reflection on the rescue of the trapped miners in Chile, based on the well known poem by Robert Burns.

The enormous cost of the 'wars' in Afghanistan and other places is the expenditure for:

MAN’S INHUMANITY TO MAN

Whereas the rescue of the miners, being less than the cost of one day of the above, and it clearly shows:

MAN’S HUMANITY TO MAN

Quite a thought....

Ranald

Comment

I can tell you I'd have a very hard time coming up in that torpedo tube Ranald. I am a touch claustrophobic myself and shudder when I think of coming up in that wee space.

I watched it until the second person came up. The first two looked like they'd just come up after a days work.

Alastair

Comment

They are all out!!!! What a fantastic effort by all concerned.

I think the road to recovery will be long and hard, some (if not all) will be haunted by the experience for their lifetime.

Comment

I just watched the last rescuer coming out. A great job well done by the people of Chile. It might also be interesting to note that a Scotsman is the father of their navy.

Comment

Yeah, a great job done by all concerned, it's great to see a positive news story. I was very impressed with the President's reaction to the situation, not only being there at the rescue but being involved right at the start when the situation looked hopeless.

Chile should be very proud of what it has achieved in the last few weeks and days !!!

Comment

Viva Chile!

Comment

Working...
              X